The 2015 Draft may change again

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,534 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    714ß
    OMG.... We are just too bored LOL
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    820ß
    shit... that should have said one pick a day
  3. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,534 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    714ß
    That's what you said. Except you are only using one day a month!
  4. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +730 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    LOL, Butka, I'm not "waving my dick around". You think just by pointing out that I have a job, kids and a home that I'm waving my dick around? First of all, I was merely pointing out that not everyone dislikes the new format and I set about explaining why the new format is better for me and those like me. Second of all, any tone that I had was done so with tongue in cheek. Perhaps I should have provided more emoticons. Lastly, you're the one that went on the original rant, not me. You suggested that now you and your buddies can only hook up if you can get off work that night. Well, most of us work during the day, that's why Prime Time is Prime time. Ultimately, none of this even matters. We're just talking and sharing our opinions. Why is it that you can rant, but I share my opinion and why I hold it, and now "I'm waving my dick around". WTF man?
  5. butka

butka Veteran

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    Sorry, didn't pick up on the tongue in cheek. It honestly sounded like you were acting as if you were the only one with a family and a home to maintain. It came across as hilariously condescending, as if it were some great accomplishment. Maybe I misread it. I replied in the middle of doing tasks at work. Sorry if I had you pegged wrong.

No, I don't work nights. I'm saying by the time I get off work, then drive to meet my buddies at whatever location, the draft has probably already begun, etc. The draft Saturday was truly an event amongst my group. Old friends would drive in from hours away because we could make a day of it. I'm just belly aching about the lack of catering to some of die hards who enjoyed the full day event (not saying all die hards did). I'm getting to be an old man now, wishing for the way things used to be, nothing more ;)

I understand what the NFL is trying to accomplish. Part of me wonders if Goodell could ever get greedy enough to take it too far with the money moves. Then most of me doubts that's impossible with the immense popularity of the sport. The sport is just too good to really mess up without being a complete imbecile. Thinking Goodell could mess it up would really be overstating his power, IMO. The only thing I can see taking this sport down at this point in time is this CTE/head injury issue going on. I wouldn't at all be surprised if sometime down the road, state high school associations end up dropping the sport because of liability issues, like what happened to boxing decades ago, as Ricza mentioned. Then you'd rely on club level teams. The sport will survive that of course, but I think it would hurt the quality of talent coming out, in time, as more parents are reluctant to put their kid in the sport. I hope technology can help overcome the issues. I'm digressing....
  6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    I think you may have missed the biggest one Butka. As someone (dont remember who) wisely stated, the die hard fans don't need to be coaxed into watching. Who you do need to coax into watching is the "casual fan." And "casuals" don't understand or appreciate a long 16 play TD drive full of tough pounding on the ground and 12 yard PA smashes. Nor do they understand or want to see good old tough D. They want to see games that have about 900 total yards and are filled with 80 yard pass plays. And IMO Goddell is working very hard to give them just that. With new fans comes new money and that is in the forefront of every one of his decisions. I still hold to my conspiracy theory that Goddell's end game is to try to move/expand a team or entire division to England/Europe.

I completely understand the rules, but some are getting out of hand completely. I understand not wanting the headhunting in the game. I understand and agree with the danger of a safety launching the crown of his helmet into a WR chin. Now this shoulder pad to chest hits that STILL draw flags is ridiculous.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +730 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    LOL, no problem bruh.
    :smile:

Actually, I went back and re-read it and I think I could have left this comment out:

"I don't know what stage of life you guys are in, but..."

I think I can easily see that as condescending, but I guess it depends on your frame of reference; from my perspective I kind of long for those days and I see nothing wrong with any stage of life, it's just what it is. Maybe it's because I just turned 5-0 this year and all my friends are old and boring now, so even if we can kick start things again after all our kids are gone, I'm not sure some of these guys want to do anything but sit on their freakin couch and sip iced tea.:lolsign:

Maybe it's time to find some younger friends.:lol 032:

It's all good.
  8. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    Awwwwww you guys are so cute........now hug with no shirts hahaha

But as sooooo many people have stated before.....this is what makes these forums so great.....the people who read and write and are TRUE fans

The thing that pisses me off will eventually happen when Da Bears go Dynasty mode and we have so many "closet" fans...damn bandwagoners!!!
  9. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +305 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    55ß
    Go back to the two day draft.
  10. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    268ß
    Listen...Goodell works for the owners...the owners own teams because 1. They like football...2. THEY LIKE MONEY MORE!!! Any chance for them to make more money and they are going to tell Goodell to do it. As much as we may not want it to be, it's a business and these guys want a return on their investments.
  11. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +730 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    Ah, the band wagon fans of a dynasty. At the perfect age of 21, I was living in Champaign-Urbana (U of I) in 1985. After about week 7, there was a party EVERY WEEKEND. Those long time Bear fans began developing our own "check" to weed out the true fans. It was routine to be standing at the keg and going through our own "trivia night". Those that could not answer would walk away in shame, while those of us who knew who Bobby Douglass and Abe Gibron were would party the night away. The point is, we'll work it out and the true fans will always shine through. :18 1 205:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    91ß
    I didn't see your statement as dick waving either. The day I bought a home is the day I saw all of my free time and money get spent fixing all the crap that breaks or needs replacing like sewer pipes and the like. Now that I have kids, the house gets neglected :). I laugh at family and friends who talk about "throwing away money" on rent. I don't see putting a roof on a house as an investment. It's a time and money sinkhole.

I've gradually accepted the 3 day draft. I think it is unnecessary and drags out the process, but splitting up the first round and the second and third rounds isn't so bad as whatever the hell Goodell is thinking about for splitting the draft four days. Goodell thinks I have time to actually watch players get drafted over four days, he is mistaken. I'm lucky if I can watch one day out of three.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +730 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    LOL, I'm sure Mrs. 4DaBERS would like it if my physical dimensions were of sufficient magnitude to be waved. Sadly, that is not the case. :sad44:
  14. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,534 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    714ß
    You gues can hug with those big balls getting in the way? Or maybe just touch nipples? LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  15. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +730 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    I'm thinking some of you guys need to get some more at night.:rofl:

I think Houston wants to get in on the action.:smile:
  16. Bearsinhouston

Ratings: