The Bear's Backup QB

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Apr 1, 2014.

?

Who would you want to compete for backup QB? (multiple picks allowed)

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +444 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    He should provide camp competition for Palmer. Let the two push each other and continue to push and develop over the course of the season. If Palmer is solid like some assume he is, then he would likely win this. If he comes out and looks shaky in pre season, it give the staff another option. This may be our best bet because with the cap situation we don't really have much to offer a backup besides the vet min. Only way we get a guy like Locker, McCoy ect is if they take less money to try to revive a career here and earn another chance to start elsewhere.
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,725 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,256ß
    I think a guy like McCoy would. We have two 6th rounders and that late I don't care if we spend a pick on a QB. If he's raw enough, as some say Logan is, we may get away with stowing him on the PS for a year or ................... we find a way for him to get injured and put him on IR.
  3. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +345 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    66ß
    Eh, a low round rookie is a poor choice for a #2 backup. If the team is looking for a #3, then great.

I'm for bringing in some vet competition. Sounds good. Hey, maybe Locker or McCoy or whoever want to come here on a one year vet minimum deal, that'd be great competition.
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,725 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,256ß
    Yeah, after that debacle with Hanie, who was in his 3rd year by then, I don't think Emery will ever go with an in experienced #2 QB. If he's saying that he plans to bring in other vets for some look see try outs that's what he means. He proven that he's not fooling around with uncertainties this year. I think even is he has to go a little higher than a vet minimum to get his guy that he'll do it. He was prepared to do that for McCown but not $10 mil worth.
  5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,309 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    394ß
    The good news is that he is building on the rep for bringing older players back to life. He sould have his pick of capable washed out players (assuming there are any left after McCown), that want to see if Trestman can resurect their careers. If he can do it with Mcnown (with an n), he is a QB God
    • Like Like x 1