The case for Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    Before anyone laughs at me (ok, I know... too late), I was looking for Chicago bears rumors and came across this website. I'm not going to lie. I've always liked Tebows work ethic and his ethics. I think a strong work ethic and being s good person goes a long way in life and your work. The problem is that you also need to have talent and that is where Tebow has always been questionable.

But one thing bothered me. Guys that had accomplished less than he had (I mean as lousy as his mechanics were, he still started and won 7 games in Denver and a playoff game. Guys that had not done that were at least getting gigs and being allowed to fail on the job. Tebow got a gig with the jets, but never really a chance. I do think he got a fair shot in NE, and I think those guys are an excellent judge of QB's and they dropped him pretty quick, so he has serious issues with mechanics that no one can deny.

Anyway, to make a short story even longer, I saw this site and there was a little video with it, and honestly, I kind of got a little excited about him. Believe it or not, I'd actually like to see Trestman bring him in and see what he has learned. We can always drop him like NE did.

Am I just stupid? I mean even more than the average day?

http://sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears-interested-tim-tebow-25016/
  2. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The reason why Tebow doesn't have a job is because of the circus it creates, not skills.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    yeah, I think it has been, but it seems to have subsided. But I don't think he has been noted for the best QB skills either. He is a hard worker, tenacious and makes things happen through force of will, but he just does not have the passing accuracy that you need. After watching that video though, I'm wondering if he is not well enough along that he might not be worth looking at.
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,373 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    The only reason it's subsided is because he's no longer in the NFL. Bring him back and it'll start all over again. I saw that circus here in Denver when the whole town wanted Tebow for awhile. He stirs up emotional frenzy and polarity like you won't believe. He's also not a good NFL QB especially not in Trestman's offense. In order for him to succeed you'd have to build an entire offense around his strengths and style of play and no NFL coach will risk that.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    No, that would not be worth it. He would have to come in and perform under Trestman's offense. If he could, great. We need a good backup QB. If not, no way we change our offense for a backup QB. Then we move on.
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    175ß

fixed it for you. when w/NYJ's Rex was doing an interview on the sidelines and a ball came whipping at his feet, turned around at it was a Tebow pass. The guy cannot read a Def or learn a playbook(arguably b/c of his learning disability) and cannot throw the ball, he's not RusWil he's awful.
  7. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +247 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    29ß
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +439 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    The Pats pretty much took him for gimmick plays, there answer to the Dolphins off balance line a few yrs back.
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    If he fixes his mechanics and can't handle the mental aspect, then he is done no doubt.
  10. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +321 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    35ß
    This article is a list of excuses why Tebow has failed as an NFL QB and none of those reasons were directed at him. Oh, he's been working on his fundamentals last year and it's all fixed? You would think he'd have worked on those sooner than when he was out of the NFL if they were fixable.

Here's the line that really made me scoff:

"Tebow will be able to come in and work with Trestman one-on-one to help him improve his game."

No. No he won't. As a #2 or #3, he will be ignored by Trestman. The Bears coaching staff will have plenty to do getting their 54 million dollar guaranteed QB prepared to succeed in year 2 of the Trestman era. What the Bears are looking for is a cheap, self-teaching backup QB that needs no handholding and minimal reps. They do not have the time or the luxury to buy hand puppets and put on a puppet show to try and teach Tebow the plays.
  11. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,373 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    I think the problem is he can't play in a conventional NFL offense. Many of us here talked about that. I think the idea McDipshit had was to create a whole new offensive style using him that would take the NFL by storm. Then he's be seen as a boy wonder and it gets him out from under Belichick's shadow. I didn't work. Tebow can't pass worth shit. He's a modern day Bobby Douglass.
  12. dachuckster

Ratings:
    +247 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    29ß
    After what they did with McCown, I implicitly trust Terstman/Kromer/Cavanaugh with any QB decisions.

If anyone likes the potential for a big physical mobile QB like Tebow, you don't have to look any farther than our PS. We have Jerrod Johnson from Texas A&M. 6'5" and 250 lbs. Had a fair amount of success at A&M. Needs development (and a lot of development). After we picked him up last year, he was cut from the PS and then re-signed at the end of last year. So I assume that our coaching staff must see something in him.

Not trying to hype this guy. Just saying that why would we have him on the PS if there was an interest in Tebow.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dachuckster

Ratings:
    +247 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    29ß
    I think that is an insult to Bobby Douglass!!

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  14. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    From what I know of him, he seems like a great guy. But he is not a good QB or football player. I would pass on him; yes, even as a backup.

You know how some Chicago fans hate Cutler and always seem to love the backup better (no matter who the starter is). Times that by 100 with all the Tebow fans that would become Bear fans just because of him.

Don't want that circus around here.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +476 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    The case for Tim Tebow?

Here it is ...

[​IMG]

...just send him to any team but Da Bears. Not even as a backup, a 3rd string, or even the waterboy.

He might be a great human being, religious, a nice guy, good guy in the locker room. BUT he is not a QB. Not an NFL QB anyway. Maybe they'll take him in Europe. We want a second super bowl ring, not a three ring circus.
  16. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +984 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    I agree that Tebow is not worth any consideration as a QB. For many reasons already known to all of us. IF he had listened to sound advice a couple of years ago and transformed himself into a FB/H-back type, then he'd be worth a look. But as a QB, no. That shipped sailed several seasons ago.

I do feel bad for Tebow who seems like a guy with great heart and motor but he doomed his own career chances by continuing to delude himself he could be an NFL QB when he was warned otherwise. He should have focused on his blocking and pass catching and then he might have had eventual value as a TE/FB. He can't throw for jack.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Tebow doomed himself by refusing to go to Canada in order to prove himself.
  18. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +984 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    Perhaps. He needed to do SOMETHING other than stubbornly insist he was an NFL quality QB when all the evidence pointed otherwise.
  19. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +439 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    212ß
    There is no case for Tim Tebow on the Bears.
  20. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,373 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    Sorry your right. Douglass did hold a rushing record for QBs for a very long time. Tebow simply has the record for the most genuflections by a QB.