The case for Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Apr 18, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    You understand it perfectly and I hope everyone else does too. I saw that fan battle take place out here and fans stayed home from games until Tebow got the starting spot. It was crazy.
  2. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    It was smart of him not to try. Better NFL QBs have tried and failed in the CFL. BTW, I've read lots of stuff written by sports journalists that CFL teams have made offers to him that he declined. All of that is bull. Only one team owns his CFL rights and that is Montreal. No other CFL team is allowed to talk to him unless Montreal either drops their rights to him or trades them away. They are on record as saying they won't make an offer to him and that his agent must approach them. If Montreal thought he could be a good CFL QB, they would make an offer. They have not. To date his agent has not approached Montreal, which is a good thing for Tebow. I doubt he would make it out of a CFL TC.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +681 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    388ß
    If Bears got Tebow he still would be better then half of Bears past QBs. With Trestman he would become top 10 all-time QB for Bears.
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,258 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,426ß
    So would Haine, Rex, Orton, Chutch, Burris and a long list of others, what's your point? Being a top 10 qb in Bears history is like being the top 10000th qb in NFL history, really doesn't mean much
  5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    865ß
    I hope these days are behind us. Tebow = (Mirer) or =the mighty (Quinn) = the great wr (Stewart) and the great Assassin (Peter Tom Willis) , LOL, thought 3 named references were reserved for Assassins.
    upload_2014-4-20_9-23-1.png

upload_2014-4-20_9-16-15.png
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,876 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    Well, doesn't sound like it is a popular ides, but I've never advocated him being our 2nd QB outright. What I was hoping (and still am quite frankly) is that he gets brought in for a look-see. The guy has been busting his hump. A person deserves some consideration when they do that IMO. And I's like us to at least have had a sniff before others. If there is something there, I'd rather it have come to us because we were proactive.
    If nothings there, no one is saying to keep him anyway because he's a nice guy.
    The chances aren't really overwhelming anyway. I'm not sure he'll get another opportunity, and if he does, I'm still not convinced he can be a good QB anyway. Just think that we are in a position that it would not hurt us to be sure - the guy has improved.
  7. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +692 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    469ß
    Listen, everyone knows Tebow works hard, and he's a good guy and all, but he's simply not good at the game of football. Actually I take that back...he's very good at the game of football, he's just not good at the position he chooses to play. He doesn't make good decisions with the ball, can't read more than 1 side of the field, and his mechanics are god awful.

You know who I want the Bears to bring in when he gets released on Monday. Pryor from Oakland. He's got more skills than Tebow, and I believe can be more successful. Thats a guy who I'd bring in, leave Tebow, his lack of skills, and the circus he brings on the unemployment line. And as for "his" 7 wins...come on now...we know better right?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,311 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    354ß
    I understand the motivation, BiH. And frankly I don't know what the Bears are going to do at QB (even assuming Palmer ultimately becomes the entrenched #2 which I expect). We still need another QB somewhere in the mix and I don't get the feeling that Jerrod Johnson is anything more than a placeholder until a better option comes along.

Problem is....who? The vet market is pretty much tapped out and wasn't too appealing even beforehand. So draft a rookie to be the de facto #3, right? A lot of the prospects we have been talking about seem to be moving up the board pretty dramatically and don't look to be available to us (I can't see Emery spending anything higher than a 4th max given other more pressing needs). Then you have to find a roster spot for him if you do draft a guy you like. The team seems to like keeping only 2 QBs on the 53 man roster. And no 4th-5th round QB is going to last long on the PS if he's in anyway decent.

So either you keep him on the main roster or we are probably looking at the udfa market only for the PS.
  9. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    That's utter nonsense. Here in Denver he had Josh McDumbshit whose worked with Tom Brady and made Matt Cassell into a very good backup QB while he was still playing in NE. McDaniels for all his faults is considered to be one of the top QB coaches in the NFL.

He thought he could make something out of him and even traded picks to get him. I'd maintain that no coach will ever make a good NFL QB out of Tebow unless he designs his offense around him like they did at Florida and no NFL coach will take that risk because if it fails the team will fail and he'll be fired.

Trading Cutler for picks and Orton and then drafting Tebow were two huge factors in McDumb losing his job here in mid-season no less. That's how fast they wanted to get rid of both of them.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,643 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,145ß
    A dead roadkill possum would be better than most of our QB's from the past though :-(

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  11. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,311 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    354ß
    Is that Caleb Hanie there after a Martz-induced sackfest?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,643 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,145ß
    LOL, the poor little guy was doing one of Martz' 7-step drops behind our vaunted Mike Tice offensive line.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,876 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    Webb wanted to eat him, but they promised him a taco dinner instead.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +681 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    388ß
    That's my exact point JABF99. Bears have had the most and worst QBs in the history of the NFL and only once had the best QB in NFL football league. I know one thing about Tebow is he wins and in this league that's the bottom line just get it done. How many QBs come into this league touted as next great QB and can't win shit.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,311 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    354ß
    LMAO. If you couldn't laugh about it, you'd have to cry. What an absolute clown school that series of games was. Cutler out. An inexperienced unprepared udfa in. A horrible OL. And Mad Martz dialing up pass plays that required 6 seconds to develop time and time again. Oh, and yeah, don't forget that stellar group of WR/TE we had: Glass Bennett, Hands Davis, Midget Knox, and Hopeless Hester.

That sucked so bad.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,876 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    Thank God that Lovie at least had a true #1 WR (Hester) out there for us, or it really would have been ugly LOL
  17. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,311 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    354ß
    Anatomy of a Hester pass play:

Run a shitty route
    Fall down as soon as the DB gets near
    Ball bounces off hands
    Repeat
    • Like Like x 1
  18. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,258 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,426ß
    anatomy of a tim tebow play, get behind the C, close eyes pray to Jesus, snap the ball run around until you can find a WR who's defender fell down chuck up a prayer, if no defender falls down run and hope the team hasn't figured out you cannot throw the ball and to just keep you in the pocket.
  19. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +681 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    388ß
    Still better than the old days.
    RB right side
    RB left side
    RB up middle
    punt
  20. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +681 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    388ß
    You forgot one thing win playoff game move on to next game.