The case for Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Apr 18, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I think the problem is he can't play in a conventional NFL offense. Many of us here talked about that. I think the idea McDipshit had was to create a whole new offensive style using him that would take the NFL by storm. Then he's be seen as a boy wonder and it gets him out from under Belichick's shadow. I didn't work. Tebow can't pass worth shit. He's a modern day Bobby Douglass.

2. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +470 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    465ß
    After what they did with McCown, I implicitly trust Terstman/Kromer/Cavanaugh with any QB decisions.

If anyone likes the potential for a big physical mobile QB like Tebow, you don't have to look any farther than our PS. We have Jerrod Johnson from Texas A&M. 6'5" and 250 lbs. Had a fair amount of success at A&M. Needs development (and a lot of development). After we picked him up last year, he was cut from the PS and then re-signed at the end of last year. So I assume that our coaching staff must see something in him.

Not trying to hype this guy. Just saying that why would we have him on the PS if there was an interest in Tebow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +470 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    465ß
    I think that is an insult to Bobby Douglass!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,674 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,557ß
    From what I know of him, he seems like a great guy. But he is not a good QB or football player. I would pass on him; yes, even as a backup.

You know how some Chicago fans hate Cutler and always seem to love the backup better (no matter who the starter is). Times that by 100 with all the Tebow fans that would become Bear fans just because of him.

Don't want that circus around here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,014 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    760ß
    The case for Tim Tebow?

Here it is ...

[​IMG]

...just send him to any team but Da Bears. Not even as a backup, a 3rd string, or even the waterboy.

He might be a great human being, religious, a nice guy, good guy in the locker room. BUT he is not a QB. Not an NFL QB anyway. Maybe they'll take him in Europe. We want a second super bowl ring, not a three ring circus.

6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,755 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    820ß
    I agree that Tebow is not worth any consideration as a QB. For many reasons already known to all of us. IF he had listened to sound advice a couple of years ago and transformed himself into a FB/H-back type, then he'd be worth a look. But as a QB, no. That shipped sailed several seasons ago.

I do feel bad for Tebow who seems like a guy with great heart and motor but he doomed his own career chances by continuing to delude himself he could be an NFL QB when he was warned otherwise. He should have focused on his blocking and pass catching and then he might have had eventual value as a TE/FB. He can't throw for jack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
    Tebow doomed himself by refusing to go to Canada in order to prove himself.

8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,755 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    820ß
    Perhaps. He needed to do SOMETHING other than stubbornly insist he was an NFL quality QB when all the evidence pointed otherwise.

9. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,258 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,049ß
    There is no case for Tim Tebow on the Bears.

10. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Sorry your right. Douglass did hold a rushing record for QBs for a very long time. Tebow simply has the record for the most genuflections by a QB.