The defense wasn't THAT bad.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 17, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +400 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Yeah you're right, Merlin. It's not like we gave up serious yardage to Dalton and Green in Week 1. We have NOTHING to worry about from Stafford and Megatron if our DL can't generate any pressure. If only everyone could be as brilliant as you are, oh wise one.

2. Mr. Deliverance

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    What game did you guys watch? The defense played great. Held AP to under 4yds a carry and contained him most of the game. Scored a pick 6. The only reason the game was close was due to a special teams failure and another bonehead turnover of Cutler that leads to 6.

3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,764 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    830ß
    LMFAO...agree with you, Brad.
    The vet QBs in this league who are elite (Brees, Rodgers) and non-elite but still very capable (Stafford, Flacco, Eli, Romo) can all tear apart a defense if given a consistently clean pocket. Among that latter group, 2 of them have elite receivers (Megatron, Bryant/Witten) and the other two have decent pass weapons (Nicks/Cruz is nothing to sneer at, Baltimore is decimated but Torrey Smith can hurt you).

You can make the first elite group of QBs look like they belong in the next tier down and you can make the 2nd group look like total crap if you pressure/pummel them enough. If not, it's gonna be a long day for the Bears D. Andy Dalton is only barely into his 3rd year and he looked way better against us then he did against Pitt's rush. And Ponder, who sucks big time, looked almost "good" with all the time in the world back there most downs.

I love it when it happens but you can't always count on Jennings or Peanut to make game-changing plays to save our ass.

4. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Your lack of patience is noted

5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    heard eli needs a few fans these days when ya leaving/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,764 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    830ß
    I'm no "fan" of Eli (he's not elite like his brother or Rodgers) but he is capable of hurting you if given the chance that no pass rash provides. He has won two SBs by being clutch in the 4th and making great throws to Nicks and Cruz at key moments. Underestimate him at your peril. The Giants aren't a great team (RB/D issues) by any means but all those QBs I mentioned in the second tier we face this year can burn you if they're not pressured adequately.

7. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
  8. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

Hi, JABF99
    I agree,the Vikings first 14 points wasnt even scored by there Offence,so you cant blame the D for that..IMO Ponder was rushed in to bad throws all day,hitting Jennings for a pick six..

• Like Like x 1
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,112 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,525ß
    Bleacher Report isn't one of my favorite sources. Here's a better source, NFL.com 2013 statistics. Big Ben has been sacked 1 more time than Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees & Russell Wilson (LINK). I don't think the Steelers, Packers, New Orleans Saints & Seattle Seahawks are teams that are going to make it easy to hang sacks on. Hey, I hope we do sack Big Ben 3 times. But I'm not going to panic if we don't hang 3 sacks on Ben.

I will be pleased if we have a repeat of the Vikings performance and out defense can hold the Steelers to 16 points and we come out with a win.

10. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    I am pleased to win any game by any score.

The Steelers average 9.5 points per game (rank 30th). So, "holding" them to 16 points is nothing to brag about. With their zero running game and patchwork OL, BigBen must go down, or else it bodes very badly for our pass defense against the better offenses on the schedule, and that will still be true if they score 16 points.