The Games People Play; Picks 10-16

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Apr 20, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,387 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    519ß
    I'll eliminate Jernigan from that list because I really don't think he's Bears material right now. Gilbert and Dix have to go because I don't expect them to last that long. So that leaves us with Donald, Hageman, and Pryor as the guys at the top of the Bears board at #14. I think that fairly accurate to.
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,435 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    198ß
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/

Bears draft focus: DT
    April, 22, 2014
    Apr 229:00AM ETBy Michael C. Wright

“My personal preference is bigger is always better [in defensive linemen] as long as you’re not sacrificing athleticism and speed,” Emery said. “This is a fast game. But it’s a very physically tough, impactful game, and you need bigger bodies over time to win those matchups.”

Five potential targets

Player, School, Projected Round

1. Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh, 1

2. Timmy Jernigan, Florida State, 1

3. Louis Nix, Notre Dame, 1-2

4. RaShede Hageman, Minnesota, 1-2

5. Dominique Easley, Florida, 2

The next 5: 6. Will Sutton, Arizona State; 7. Ego Ferguson, LSU. 8. Kelcy Quarles, South Carolina; 9. Anthony Johnson, LSU; 10. Caraun Reid, Princeton

Position grade: B

posted the entire article on another thread, but thought Emery's quote about his preference on the DL was important so figured I'd post it here.
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,813 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    EMERY: “My personal preference is bigger is always better [in defensive linemen] as long as you’re not sacrificing athleticism and speed,” Emery said. “This is a fast game. But it’s a very physically tough, impactful game, and you need bigger bodies over time to win those matchups.”

I like both of these guys a lot. If there is a question regarding Donald size-wise then don't spend that #14 pick on him. These two guys are projected to go in the 2nd to 3rd round. If there's a real question in Emery's mind on Donald, then go with a safety or CB in the first round. Don't "pull a McClellin" here with our 1st round pick.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,435 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    198ß
    Or if he can move back a few spots take Hagemen, I hear a lot of people say that Hagemen fits the Emery mold, high athletic ceiling and size huge gamble b/c of lack of college production, ie Long. But who knows, I could see him going anywhere. If he has questions about any or all of these guys he should go w/the safest option but that isn't Emery's style from the past at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +997 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I had no problem with Emery picking Long last year. I always felt he would be good, and even more important, all the really stud linemen were off the board. This year, there will be a few studs at 14 in positions of need. I just don't see the need to take the risk he did last year. There should be some real studs that are safe. When you can do that, you do that IMO.
  6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    I liked long in all our pre draft talks last year. Just I always slated him in the 2nd round. I remember for a long time in my 2013 mock thread I had Long mocked to us in the 2nd. Swaped him out for Bostic in my last addition. Liked his potential and pedigree but never dreamed it would be at 20.