The GM of the Future (Emery) - Bill Barnwell

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Ctree5454, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,533 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    705ß
    I had no problem with them going DE. It actually opens up a lot of things as well as the momentum of the game when their QB is running for his life (ask Cutler). I just think they got the wrong DE.
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,207 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    245ß
    You're right about that and I wouldn't doubt if Lovie had a lot to do with the Shea move (we know he loved D and didn't know shit about O). We can infer from the Long pick that maybe Emery might have gone in DeCastro's direction if he truly had a free hand. It was pretty stupid of ownership to have the balls to can JA/Ruskell and then turn around and insist the new GM be stuck with the old coaching regime one more year. No wonder Emery was dying to can Lovie and his cronies when we were eliminated from the playoffs on the last Sunday of the season.

I'm not saying Emery is a God or anything but he's definitely been a breath of fresh air IMO. Making moves to modernize what was a very stale and stodgy franchise into a actual 2010+ NFL offense. Acquiring Marshall last year and Bushrod this year were bigger O-upgrades than JA pulled off in more than a decade at the helm. I have no idea why MrD loves Angelo so much...he sucked big time.