The Josh McCown story keeps getting better: We are witness to a truly remarkable NFL story.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 17, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,803ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I can never remember having a backup QB that I felt so comfortable with. Usually when your #1 QB goes down, you're screwed. But the old man, keeps us in games.

(I realize he is #12 now.....but I like this pic of him)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß
    Just think, if McCown can keep this up (he's playing against the Rams and the Vikings the next two weeks, so it can't be TOO hard), and we get into the playoffs, we could have a VERY healthy and VERY dangerous football team, with the defense only STARTING to peak at this point in the season. Obviously we have a long way to go, but I feel pretty comfortable with a QB whose job is simply "management" with one or two deep throws a game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,434ß
    Wow, and he is doing this without a full neckbeard. Think what he could do if he stopped shaving his neck.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    If he wins two more and puts us in position to get into the playoffs then it will take a little more money to bring him back next year, because someone is going to offer him more than we paid this year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,724ß
    The thing I like most about him is that he plays under control. He just operates within the system, works through his progressions, doesn't make turnovers, good/accurate throwing mechanics. Is Cutler paying attention?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    325ß
    Hopefully, Cutler's learning that he doesn't have to be so reckless with the ball in order to produce.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,434ß
    More likely, he feels the heat and will push himself into more mistakes. Pressure does not seem to be his friend.

8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß
    I know some will view this as an "excuse", but I don't think Cutler gets enough credit for the improvements he HAS made this previous offseason, especially given that he's mostly had to rely on instincts since 2009 (Oh, you think Turner, Martz and Tice, as his OC, Hester, Knox and Davis being his main targets for most of his time here, and guys like Webb, Carimi, Pace, Williams, Omiyale and Spencer blocking for him couldn't possibly be responsible for his spotty play? Ohhhhhhh, aren't you oh ho so adorable). Remember when we were all complaining about him throwing off of his back foot, and how his "mechanics" just weren't going to get fixed? Or how about how he ONLY focused on throwing to Marshall? Yeah, those flaws in his game kinda disappeared after one offseason with Trestman, didn't they? I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to expect Trestman to fix/mostly fix that THIS offseason, especially since Trestman has worked his magic with both he and McCown so far.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11 Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    377ß

• Like Like x 1
  10. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    868ß
    Outside of injurys the whole team has improved.