The Josh McCown story keeps getting better: We are witness to a truly remarkable NFL story.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 17, 2013.

1. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    603ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    This's by far the best offensive system we as Bears fans have ever seen, it even makes an old time QB look like a 20 million dollar QB. Is the system perfect absolutely not but it is consistent and does produce results when needed. I'm a Jay Cutler fan but I wouldn't spend crazy money on QB when all you obviously need is a good tactician with a brain. Trestman and Emery can utilize money wisely by buying the parts that are essential to the Trestman offense. Thereby creating solid QB that doesn't cost a arm and a leg and use that money to spend it on something we really need like defensive linemen and safety's.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,803ß
    I'm willing to give Jay a pass on his entire body of work. But the excuses end now (as far as I'm concerned). He needs to go to the Wizard for a QB-brain to use in big games against quality opponents (e.g., Green Bay). Can you imagine how great Jay would be if he had the football-IQ of the less talented McCown? I'm hopeful that Jay will be fine. But I want to see him take that next step with his decision-making in big games (like McCown). And it would be nice if he could be less fragile, and make it through a season without injuries (I know this is not his fault at all, but he is fragile). My fear is that now that he's on the far side of 30, that he'll be even MORE fragile. I guess this is OK as long as we have McCown to bale our seasons out.

[​IMG]

#22 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,434ß
    Never thought of that. Strap him onto the table and get Dr. Frankenstein to swap them out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß

Except that I did say that he had proven me wrong, in pre season, but whateve's.

And I am actually on board w/the Cutler FT thing over a LT deal...but ya know....whateve's

5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,803ß
    "Just relax big boy, it will all be over in a minute, and you'll be able to beat Green Bay" :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,902ß
    LOL, anyone bother to ask Ric whether or not he still believes Josh McCown isn't an NFL caliber QB? This past summer he was of the belief that any rookie straight out of college would do just as well or better than McCown and that we should kick McCown to the curb for one. Some one should ask him whether he'd rather have one of those straight out of college QBs like Scott Tolzien taking snaps from Garza and throwing picks for TDs that lose games like the Packers are suffering through.

I hate to gloat but I do really enjoy it when rational logic triumphs over pure irrational emotions. And I guess I might as well add that McCown is not here to replace Cutler and won't. He quite happy being the #2 guy and probably a better QB as a result of that since he's been on the sidelines helping to analyze who to attack offensively and learning the offense better that way without the pressures of being the starter. Anyone who believes different only needs to listen to how he describes himself, "I'm the backup QB".

After all those years of wandering around the QB desert without a QB they could depend on they now find themselves with a top ten starter and a top whatever backup. I have a lot of respect for Josh McCown both the way he prepares and the way he plays. The guy is calm and unflappable and a great leader on the field as well as off of it. The Bears aren't in QB and WR/TE hell any longer. Yipee!

• Like Like x 2
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    Awww Soul stopped by just to harass me. I thought I was no longer worthy of your time b/c of a "homophobic slur".

And yes they've properly ripped me for it. Before the season I stand by my statement though, his win/loss record, his TD to TO ratio, his completion % and his ypc were all horrid, if you were to look at those stats w/out the names you would not want him on your team.

But then again I knew Trestman was a qb guru, I didn't know he was the QB mesiah, capable of raising the careers of dead qb's; my bad.

Wait, irrational emotions, like the endless rants about Izzy and Urlacher you were throwing around? How's Izzy looing right now sitting on the bench w/less stat's then David Bass, let alone Wootten or Shea(the two that replaced him). You are the king of irrantional, we've all been jesters playing king around here until you returned....

good to have you back by the way.

8. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Alright guys, let's not give it to Ric too much, he ain't a Packers fan. He's a Bears fan and that makes him a big part of our big dysfunctional family. There are more important things to worry about, like what flavor of wings to eat while Josh SHREDS the Rams on Sunday.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    Mango Habenero' and Garlic Parmesan. 1 for the hot streak he's on, and the 2nd for his ability to stay cool under duress, anything less would be uncivilized.

10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,434ß
    Shoot, I don't think very many of us thought very highly of McCown. Ric is sitting at a pretty full table eating his crow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1