The Lions did not gain on us

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    The Lions also lost their game so we did not lose another game to the Lions. They still have the tiebreaker, but I think our next two games should be wins. The Giants are always hard for us, but they are struggling this year. We should beat them and the same with the Redskins.

As of right now, we are still in the thick of it as far as the division race. The flip side is that right now, if we make it to the postseason, I don't see us staying very long. We still have issues to fix. The upside is that Jeffrey really is the real deal and our OL is no longer totally disfunctional. However, our D does seem to be.

I think I might have been expecting a little too much out of Trestman in terms of playcalling. I really expected to see stuff that was going to make me ooohh and ahhhh, but not the case. Definitely miles ahead of were we were under Lovie. Can't even compare, but I am not amazed and overwhelmed.
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,467 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    262ß
    no but GB, who is much scarier, gained on us.
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +991 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    Me too. Tman put together nice opening drives against Pitt and Detroit but otherwise his 1st halves have been pretty unimpressive. We seem to score well only in the 1st and last 10 minutes of games. The middle 40 seems to be an offensive desert (relatively) every week.
  4. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Packers did and I rather have Lions winning the division than Packers.. We are stil early in to the season but I don't see this team winning the divison unless they are really lucky with Packers/Lions losing games to team they should beat on paper.
  5. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    I do think we still can. The Lions are good, but if we don't play stupid, we can beat them. The Packers just don't seem as unbeatable as before either. We have to wait until we play them to see how we do, but I think we still can. Not saying the odds are with us, but I don't see this as a forgone conclusion like I did the Saints game. I just could not see us winning that game, and yet, the score was much closer than I thought it would be.

I think we can beat Detroit. Right now, the biggest question in my mind is can we beat GB. And further, just because we can beat Detroit, will we?
  6. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    We should have two more wins in a row now. If we don't, then I'll get on the worry wagon. We have a short week this week, but should still win. Hopefully, we will be 5-2 at the end of the next two games. Hopefully, both GB and Detroit will lose one of theirs.