The offense is more efficient with McCown in

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Nov 10, 2013.

1. tey216

tey216 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I agree 100% When Cutler (and almost every Bears QB in a long time)drops back to throw the ball... I cringe with my fingers crossed... But when McCown drops back to throw the ball I don't feel have the same nervous feeling. I bet the guys on the team probably feel the same way.
  2. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2014: How to spend 15 million? Small sample size with a different QB but sorry Jay. I hope Trestman likes you. I say let the coach make the call.

Turnovers are no longer wanted. Those great plays you made happen does not make up for the the plays that shouldn't have.

You ever heard of the race between the turtle and the hair?
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  3. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11 Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 18 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    183ß
    I haven't looked back in this thread but I'll throw this out there. Its on the coach to pull a player who is hurt. Players want to play and Jay isn't going to be begging out a game. Remember the shit he took when people thought he did that before?

Also for as much as some people wanna bitch about Jay this game lets remember that one legged Jay threw two TDs that were dropped. Both by AJ. Alshon had a great game and I like the guy a lot BUT if he makes one of those catches then its gutty Jay Cutler who brought us back on one leg. Of course it should have never got to that because Trestman should have pulled him earlier in the second half.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    I agree this loss is on coach Trestman, he should have put Mccown in the 3rd qtr if not the start of the 4th qtr .......but no use crying over spilled milk and time to move on and get ready for the Ravens.

My question is, even with the loss to the Lions can the Bears still make the playoffs ?
  5. butka

butka Veteran

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    Cutler is a better QB than McCown. Without any doubt. That said, it's clear that this offense can run very well with an intelligent QB with moderate to good physical tools. I'm not saying McCown encompasses all of this, but I am saying that these guys are not impossible to find. I really believe Rodgers and Brady are perfect examples of what falls into this mold. They're decent QBs but truly benefit from the systems they are in. We run a QB friendly system now. This is fantastic news. Beyond 2013, I say move forward without Cutler, unless he wants to stay for a great price. It would be absolutely foolish to hand him a fat contract.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    56ß
    Well I don't agree with some when Cutler was cleared to play, they he should start. MT not pulling Cutler sooner was a bad call by our HC.

The 4 and 1 was a bad call, I was thinking at the time there must be something with the LS but I sure didn't see it later in the game.

The play calling was bad yesterday, but that is on both MT and Cutler.

If you really want to but the blame on one player for this lose, my pick it Forte. Forte showed just what I have said before, he doen't think when he running with the ball, he expectes there to be a hole in the line for him to run into and if it not there he still runs to where the hole is suppose to be. You know how many times yesterday I yelled cut to the outside, you dumb***, I think ever team in the NFL knows not to worry about him cutting to the outside, they know he will only cut to the outside if that play is called or at the most once or twice a game no big deal. Forte is a great overall RB just not a great RB.

Not talking about yesterdays game. But for everyone who thinks that its ok to have an average QB because of the Offense is wrong.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    62ß
    If only Cutler was healthy we would have won this game.. 2 plays in 4. quarter where Cutler couldn't hit Marshall who was open deep but ball was overthrown and Jeffery who could have given a first down prio to Lions TD drive. But Cutler underthrow that one..

That being said I think Trestman should have played McCown in 2th quarter after the first drive where Cutler looked like Bad Jay..

So... Cutler isn't healthy not after taking such a beating, the question remains sit out Cutler and play McCown make sure that Cutler is 100% ? You gotta remember we are playing Ravens who I think have a stronger defense than the Lions..
  8. MarkBear

MarkBear Veteran

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    131ß
    I wonder if the Vikings will keep Josh Freeman? I think Cutler is out of here. I wonder who else is free?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,693 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,210ß
    Cutler's mechanics were just off yesterday. He threw some of those balls into the turf at the WR's feet. He kept grabbing his injured groin area and walked pretty stiff too at times. As one poster said yesterday, -- "Who knew that the ankle was located in his groin area?" :D
  10. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Under no circumstance can fans ever blame Jay Cutler for coming back too soon. Are you considering all the BS the guy went through when he could not play in the NFC championship game when he injured his knee? The media and fans reinforced to Jay that he cannot take himself out of a game if he is medically cleared to play. Ever. It's entirely the coaches call forever in his eyes.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,054 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,300ß
    Difference is...

With the groin injury, everyone knew exactly what the issue was.

With the knee injury, no one knew exactly what was happening until after the game. They questioned him because he was standing on the sidelines.

If Cutty say out another game, no one would have said one word.

Then again, with all the shit D-Rose went through last year after being medically cleared.... you may have a point
  12. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,318 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,494ß
    big diff between DRose and Cutler on medically cleared is that Rose stayed out for 70+ games, Cutler would have stayed out 1 or 2, tops.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,054 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,300ß
    True. But you know how fans are. Medically cleared means they should play
  14. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    judging from this board, talk radio, message boards, the media, etc., THE VAST MAJORITY OF FANS WANTED CUTLER TO CONTINUE TO REST HIS GROIN. Come on folks, let's not compare apples (Jay mysteriously leaving an NFC title game against the hated Pack) to oranges (Jay simply sitting out the full 4-week time rehab frame which the team had already committed itself to) here. The vast majority of fans would have been THRILLED to have McCown start the game against the Lions; given how he had performed the previous two weeks AND considering the fact that everyone knew Jay's torn groin wasn't even close to being 100%. Come on, let's be honest here. Comparing Cutler sitting out against the Lions, 3 weeks after tearing his groin and with a MORE than capable/successful backup waiting in the wings, is NOTHING like his mysterious, exercise bike riding disappearance against the PACK in the 2011 NFC title game OR D-Rose's refusal to play a single second last season. Sorry folks, but it had to be said. Let's get real.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,890 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,199ß
    Maybe he had athletes foot in his groin (can't be pleasant).

His groin was hurting. He can say what he wants. Probably rolled his ankle too.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Most people I talked to at work last week DID NOT want Cutler to play at all. He should have waited for the Baltimore game.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    I'm talking about when he was playing the Lions game, if he just sat down in the second quarter, people would call him a quitter. Yeah, if he never suited up I don't think anyone would have cared because our expectations were that he was not going to be back for 4 to 6 weeks.
    • Like Like x 1