The offensive line

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ZifanQ, Oct 7, 2013.

1. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    68ß
    In the dark times it's nice to have some positive things to talk about.. How about that offensive line of ours? One year ago it was a complete disastear and with a wink of an eye it is now decent. There is still a long way to go before we have a top 10 oline but with four new guys on our Oline and with two rookies on the rigth side I don't ask for more than a decent Oline that can give Cutler time in the pocket and keep up on his foot and they have been succesful of doing so. Much of the sacks are due to Cutler holding the ball too much time.

When I look back I just can't believe how our Oline have changed in one off season. I had hopes for a new LT but when free agentcy came closer I didn't really believe it in, and out of no where we signed Bushrod. No more stinkin' Webb. Free sacks on Jay Cutler days are over!

I look at this Dline right now and think holy shit this looks just as bad as our 2012 Oline did, this needs to be fixed asap and you just look at our Oline right now and I certainly think, this can be fixed, in one offseason.
    If Emery can fix our Dline like he fixed our Oline in one off-season we got ourselves a even better GM than we might have thought.

I didn't think our Oline could look this good compared to last years already, did you? There is room for improvement, certainly on the running game I feel like, but is there anything else you guys have noticed, where the Oline could improve?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I agree. The O-Line has made great improvements. Is it the best? No Is it serviceable? Yes. I really do think with more time together they will get and become even better.
  3. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The O line will be better as they gain more experience together. But they aren't a finished product, look for Phil to pick up either a replacement for Slauson or depth (if they go with Brown) and a new center. After that, the offense is pretty well taken care of. It's the defense that will have needs everywhere.