The Official Draft Day Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 8, 2014.

1. beardownzona

beardownzona Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Everyone Bear the F*ck Down! Sorry if you hate the picks, nobody cares...Trust Emery. Our Defense is going to be BEASTLY this year... Quit being a bunch of Negative Nancy's but face reality...the D sucked so bad mainly because of injuries. In Emery We Trust, fixed the Offense before last season and now look at what happen (#2 scoring O in the league). This year he is addressing the defense by getting younger and stronger, and hopefully everyone stays healthy this season. Yes we still have Conte, but now we have an extremely improved young D-Line with a lot of upside!
    Fix the line then everyone behind them will play better!

Ego - Stretch pick but will pan out like Long (hopefully)
    Sutton- Jeffery-esque with weight issues, but our training staff will keep him off the J-Webb meal plan.

We should go RB, LB, S, TE
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    I just wanted them to fix the problem in the draft rather than wait and hope for something later. I remember Emery saying in a press conference after the season that Conte was going to have to compete for his job in training camp this year. That lead me to believe that he was planning to bring in a free safety in the draft or FA. That did not happen. Maybe he will draft a safety in the next round we get real lucky. Not likely, but not impossible.
  3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    521ß
    We should draft SECONDARY without a label put on them.

Cornerback ? Safety ? Whatever.
  4. DavidL

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    Okay, I'll go for that, especially if we can get someone who has college experience at a couple positions.
  5. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +918 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    926ß
    List of remaning players I want (in no particular order):

- QB: Tom Savage, Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murray, Tajh Boyd, Logan Thomas.
    - RB: Storm Johnson, Antonio Andrews.
    - TE: Colt Lyerla, Trey Burton.
    - LB: Christian Jones, Shayne Skov, Max Bullough, Yawin Smallwood, Jordan Tripp, Jackson Jeffcoat.
    - DB: Keith McGill, Ahmad Dixon, Pierre Desir, Walt Aikens, Dontae Johnson, Bennett Jackson.
  6. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    I'd like a RB or TE with the next pick if there's someone of good value there. Plus a CB turn S would be nice. Desir is still on the board as is the LB turn SS whos name escapes me at the moment. I'd be happy with either of these guys. The LB strikes me as a Brian Urlacher in reverse. Stellar coverage and speed and tackles beautifully, but so light he'll move from LB to S.
  7. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +918 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    926ß
    I would love to draft Keith McGill because he reminds me of Stanley Jean-Baptiste. Great size, long arms and large hands, very athletic he and can play both DB positions.
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,505ß
    I think McGill might be a target in rd 4 if he's there for the Bears, he is a CB that has played S, and his long.

I like most of those guys Lil B BUT Colt, to many issues I don't want around this team.
  9. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    Who would you like out of the remaining players? S the top issue or you have some other position that you'd like to see take priority what with the weak S pool?
  10. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,505ß
    Stop listening to ESPN brutha, other then that dead on. Ego was expected to be a mid to late 2nd round pick, possibly no later then a early 3rd, that's not a reach unless you wanted the Bears to trade up to get him.
  11. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,505ß

I think if McGill is there he is the S, I wouldn't touch a S in this draft out of the top 4; now it's time to look for a CB who can play S.
  12. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +722 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    510ß
    Perhaps it's just you who's never heard of them. They were widely talked about on this board if you paid attention and weren't whining about conte every 3 seconds.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +722 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    510ß
    Charles Tillman is going to cover Johnson...not a mid round safety who might not play.
  14. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    Who do you like at CB to play S?
  15. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,505ß
    Ya none of the remaining S's are going to cut it in the NFL, I would like McGill if he's there, b/c he could be a SS imo
  16. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +722 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    510ß
    Lol...that's fuller!
    • Like Like x 2
  17. DavidL

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    Fuller is going to play nickle (to start) and then replace Tillman at CB when he gets hurt. That's already a given. If they draft a DB in the coming rounds, I'll take a CB with safety experience if they don't get a true FS.

When Megatron gets past Tillman, I want a safety with the speed and jumping ability to cover. That is not Conte.

I am going to be watching Southward and Brooks this year to see what Emery missed in the draft. You guys just take it for granted that these guys can't play even though earlier I heard that it was 50/50 with QBs and safeties. He seems to take that approach with DL but not safety. The longer this drags out, the more I think Emery is satisfied with Conte starting at FS. I did "search" for name Feguson on the board. His name comes up here and there, but I didn't find people clamoring to take him (or Sutton).
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  18. DavidL

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    Bears just drafted a RB in 4th round. We don't need a RB, and if we ever do, you can have just about anybody you want next year in the draft. I think it went 50 picks this year before the first RB was taken, and 37 picks the year before!
  19. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    Completely untrue. I live in Arizona and I can tell you that Sutton was a beast DT for ASU in his jr year (one of the best interior DL in college football). He was reportedly told to add weight and when he did he lost some of his quickness causing his production to suffer last season. He's back to where he should be at 290-295 for the 3T position. With the proper training of an NFL strength and conditioning program, I see him as a tremendous value in the 3rd.

The safeties drafted right after the 1st round run weren't good values IMO for day 2. Know you hate Conte (a bit irrationally) but chill a little bit.
  20. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    I'm may be the only one but I'm loving this draft. Five picks, five potential starters. The only pick that threw me off a bit was the Freguson pick. But after looking at some of his tape, the dude is big, powerful & athletic. He's just raw & that's where our "new & improved coaching staff" comes in. If , & I know it's a big if, all these picks reach their potential, I think this draft will turn out to be our best draft in several years.
    • Like Like x 2