The Official Draft Day Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 8, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +873 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    825ß
    Exactly. Some DBS members (including myself) and even "experts" had Quarles and Johnson going in round 3 or 4.

I guess there's a reason why we're not GM, eh? :lol 027:
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,911 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,756ß
    Yeah, some surprises their for sure.

I know that Skov had some injury concerns with a couple of knee injuries and Bullough had some off the field concerns but I also think these two are more two down type MLBs and teams are looking for LBs who can cover better. Borland is smaller than either but he went in the 3rd because he can play in coverage and still stick people pretty good as a run stopper.

Quarles was a bit of a surprise so there must be something there that got him taken of team boards. I never liked the looks of him physically and I think he benefitted a lot from playing with Clowney but that alone shouldn't have aced him out completely. Must have been something else. Johnson too because he seemed to be more productive then Ferguson and yet Ego goes in two and Johnson not at all.

Must be something about some of these guys that a whole lot of teams didn't like.
  3. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +598 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    310ß
    The playing with Clowney benefitting him, and the fact he has off the field issues hurt him. He got picked up in NYC a couple of weeks ago on an assault charge. It was later dropped...but you know how that goes.
    • Like Like x 1