The Official Draft Day Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 8, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,171ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    How to combat Megatron? Easy. Put Peanut on him. Nobody in the NFL plays him any better than he does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    225ß
    If Calvin Johnson is Megatron then we all know Peanut is Optimus Prime. It still blows my mind how underrated he's been basically his whole career. It's not like two years ago he suddenly put it all together. The guy has been a master at his craft for a long time and one of the key cogs on Lovie's D for his entire career.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,160ß
    Tillman shut down Randy Moss too if I remember correctly back when he was with the Yikes.

4. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    225ß
    I can perfectly picture him ripping the ball out of Randy's hands in the end zone on one play. The guy has been a baller for years. I'm glad he's finally getting some recognition but damn, he's been at it for so long where's everyone been?? Obviously not watching the same games we watch.

5. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,171ß
    He wasn't that studly cover corner that got all the press guys like Bailey, Revis or Talib do. He's also not a loudmouth self promoter like some of those guys. He's just a guy who knows how to play tough against the best and how to create turnovers. THAT'S his specialty but because they weren't all picks those forced fumbles didn't make the stat column until he forced so many they couldn't ignore it any longer.

He's be far the best and overall most effective Bears CB I've seen in my lifetime and he deserves far more recognition than he's ever gotten but he's such a class guy and team player I doubt that it even bothers him as much as it does us as fans. He's been one of the most consistent CBs in the NFL for a very long time and I hope he can retire in dignity as the Chicago Bear he's always been.

• Like Like x 1
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    He did it to all the top WR's also, dude's been a straight up stud for the team it's going to be weird when he's not there anymore. The only time he gets in the news it's b/c of his charity work; until last year. Hopefully he gets his just deserts and gets into the HoF, I don't think it will happen but it should.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    225ß
    Totally agree, if I was on that board I'd be voting and promoting Peanut every year. He's a turnover machine and the definition of a shut down corner. The fact he's a class act should, in my opinion, be even more the reason to give the guy more press.

8. little bear

little bear Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,108ß
    I'm really surprised Shayne Skov, Anthony Johnson, Max Bullough, Kelcy Quarles, Josh Mauro and Jackson Jeffcoat all went undrafted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    85ß
    Really surprised about Johnson, thought he was going around 5-4th round and would have been a good pick up by us(if not the Bears have taken two DT's already). Really interesting to see teams value him that low.

10. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    225ß
    Good example of how our perceived value of players is way off base from how NFL teams see them.

• Like Like x 2