The Official Flogging Chris Conte Thread.............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 29, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    There seems to be so much interest around here in boiling him in oil and shoving bamboo slivers under his fingernails for one blown coverage that I figured we should have one place to do that in and it was NOT the Jared Allen thread.

Hater's, you line up on the left and wear red. The color of high emotion and anger. Defenders, you line up on the right and wear blue. The color of patience and loyalty. Now all we need is a staff member to flip a coin to see who kicks off to who. :18_1_104v[1]:

:lol3:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan

I think he is soooo cute

3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ummmm, that was Gary Fencik Bob. He was the one who made all the Chica's hot. :boobywiggle:

4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

he sucks end of discussion.

• Like Like x 3
  5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I still think he sucks and I do not care which thread it is in.

He is a liability, he is not very fast. I was not impressed with him in 2012 either and actually felt Wright had a better 2012 yr than Conte. In 2013 neither impressed me and if Contes contract was up like Major Wrights was this discussion would be a Mute point as he would be OUTTA HERE.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member SuperFan

He's afraid to tackle, always late to the ball.... What is there to discuss?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

1. I blame JA :-)
    2. I really don't judge Conte by the Green Bay game. That (for me) has NOTHING to do with my assessment of his play during his tenure here in Chicago. Nothing.
    3. I hope he has a good season.
    4. Just because he is not "evil incarnate" doesn't necessarily mean we don't need to get better at the safety position with our starters.

I am not a 1-play reactionary here. I judge the entire body of work with our players. Same with Conte.

• Like Like x 7
  8. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Well the red team is beginning to show up on the offensive so I guess the blue team kicked off. Where are the defenders or is all we've got the 2013 Bears defense? LOL

9. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

I'll wade in.

I see CC as a below-average but serviceable starter if need be. Simple as that. Emery has made it clear that competition will be present for his job come training camp and Conte will have to sink or swim. He will either win/regain his starting job or be moved down the depth chart or perhaps even be released outright depending on how the team assesses the S corps as a whole.

It's a little too "convenient" to say he should be upgraded and kicked to the curb. Yeah, no shit, I'd love to have a pro-bowler at all 11 starting positions on D too. That's not realistic. I'm quite certain Emery will be drafting a S to provide competition and new blood in the pipeline though I see the position as less critical in our D than other needs. If Conte were a FA this year like Wright is, I'm sure he would already have been shown the door. But he has one year left on his rookie contract and there's nothing to be gained by cutting him now out of spite.

My best guess/prediction is that he will be in a camp battle and the result of that will be Conte ending up as the #2 FS for this season.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Trackguy

Trackguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Me either. I thought he was hot garbage well before that one play. But I'm willing to give him a chance to battle for a spot. Maybe he will improve. I doubt it but there's no harm in seeing what he looks like during camp.