The Official Flogging Chris Conte Thread.............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 29, 2014.

1. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!

Listen, if you're going to have a signature about arguing with idiots, insinuating you're smarter than they are, you might want to use the correct usage of "their".

• Like Like x 1
  2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Was wondering if anybody was going to catch that. :13_4_9[1]:

• Like Like x 2
  3. yttocs

yttocs
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I don't know, after watching the Highlights, I am not that impressed with any of them. Seem to use their speed to recover/ make up ground. Yes that is good, but in the big league that is countered. Most INT's where just really bad passes. I will cut the rant short. I want a Safety that wasn't thrown at. Covered so well no one threw at them,if its a first round pick.

• Like Like x 1
  4. abegibronlives

abegibronlives
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

He's done such a fine job that we actually signed MD Jennings as a potential replacement. That says it all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

You know Henry you're probably right about this. The original stuff I heard and read said it was a call Anderson made but after looking at that video Briggs was at ROLB where he usually is and Anderson at LOLB where he usually is and with Briggs on the field it makes a whole lot more sense that he made the call. Of course that hits into the theory that one of the problem with the defensive calls last year was that Briggs didn't have the experience he needed to have calling them because he always had Urlacher to do it. I think Briggs is an outstanding player but as a defensive strategist he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. His interviews kinda prove that.

6. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I wasn't just my opinion though. It was the opinion of quite a few Bears fans and most of the media who followed the team. If you look at their stats in 2012 they weren't bad and then look what happens in 2013. The number of tackles they make increases by almost 50% and that was the ones they actually made. There isn't a stat for the missed ones but I'm sure it's significant for both. In both cases their picks and passes defensed went way down too. A lot of that is reflected by just how bad the front seven played.

As I see it now we've already replaced Wright with Mundy and signed one vet competitor for Conte although how strong that competition will be as anybody's guess. If he's no better here than in GB then he's probably not even as good as Conte as a starter. I'm sure we'll add two more rookies through the draft and UDFA and maybe even another vet off the waiver list. So if he wins the job he'll have earned it at least in camp.

7. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Now does this article not confirm exactly what I've been saying and what I just posted. Sure looks like it to me. :D

AND, I posted this before I even read that. I'm not a complete idiot you know. Just half a moron. :4_15_1[1]:

8. short faced bear

short faced bear
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

This thread will be fully vetted in 15 more pages.
    :10_4_1[1]:

9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Probably the two lowest graded vet Safeties in the NFCN. Well GB didn't have much of a defense either so it's convenient enough to use the same excuse for both I guess. ;)

What we may well have here is Conte and Jennings competing for the backup roll and a rookie starting. It all depends on how the draft goes but one or another there's gonna be a shake up back there.

10. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I wasn't expecting this much action when I started it shorty, honest. I just wanted the discussion out of the Jared Allen thread. I guess the emotions about Conte's prospects still haven't settled down huh?