The Official Flogging Chris Conte Thread.............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 29, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,440 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,014ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    The Titanic iceberg and Hindenburg fire are both somehow tied to Obama's birth certificate conspiracy. I read all about this in the newspaper (the front page covered Obama running for a 3rd term, and backed by a powerful UFO alien).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,428 / 13 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,487ß
    That would be the guy standing behind the one with the pointy head?

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,440 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,014ß
    The article actually says that is Sasquatch, but wearing a John McCain mask. Apparently our entire congress is now a lost Sasquatch tribe cleverly disguised as politicians.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +673 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    466ß
    Wrong. Do you honestly believe that the FS is always deep? Always? Then I guess your answer to my question earlier regarding understanding basic high school level coverages would be a no. There are countless examples of coverages that your FS isn't deep. I'll stick to some basics that you may recall from Madden. 1man, 1 robber, 11 roll/cloud, 0 man, Cover 3 (with FS on weak side). There are about 100 others that we could note but that's not really necessary.

Not really important, but given that Lacey ran wild and our D was giving up 6 ypc on the year...not an "obvious" passing situation. Given that its GB with Arod to win a game, I'd agree it was likely.

Here is my personal favorite of this. So let's get this straight. You are saying Conte is at fault because he should have somehow known there would be a busted coverage behind him, abandoned his zone (thus leaving the 6yd out wide open), and turned around and ran with Cobb? On a play where clearly should have been someone deep. (if you bother to go back a few pages its noted via the video that Bowman had his hips open with his hip to the X, 3 steps after the snap. This suggests that he was going to bail deep.) So bottom line, he should have just done his own thing, regardless of the coverage call and ran back there for the hell of it. Interesting, very interesting. Not sure what the proper coverage call for "do whatever the hell you want" is.

Abe, I'm not sure if you honestly believe this uneducated opinion on what happened on that last play, or if on a slow news day your just trying to stir the hornets nest again. We covered this topic for about 4 pages in here. Feel free to go back and read if you would like, but it has been put to rest. This debate and frankly, incorrect point is dead and there is no reason to go back to it. We beat that last play into the ground and most have come to the same conclusion. An all out defensive failure, a busted coverage, a missed sack....but not on one sole person. If you honestly want to continue to preach a incorrect and moot point, I'm sure there is a facebook comment thread with likeminded people. We have a great community on here full of knowledgeable fans that are able to have rich and knowledgeable debates. This point is dead lets not revisit it, there is plenty of meaningful and debatable things to talk about, this isn't one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    180ß
    Not really important, but given that Lacey ran wild and our D was giving up 6 ypc on the year...not an "obvious" passing situation. Given that its GB with Arod to win a game, I'd agree it was likely.

4th and eight isn't an obvious pass situation? Really? That's your argument? Go with that.

And who do you imagine plays behind the safety? Besides the goal line, that is. Busted coverage behind him? There's no coverage behind him....he's the SAFETY.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,428 / 13 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,487ß
    Actually, he has a point. If I'm getting 6 yards a run on average, am I going to throw it? Probably not. It is part of the decision process.

7. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,530ß
    No...you're wrong...if it was cover 0 there is no safety...thats what cover 0 is! If there was a robber coverage and he was the robber, he is not the last line of defense anymore. Seriously...there needs to be a basic understanding of coverages if you're gonna blast coverage skills.
    Again...if they're showing 0 coverage, which they were, there is NO DEEP SAFETY!!!!! I don't know how many more friggen times this point needs to be made

8. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    180ß

On 4th and eight, with Aaron Rodgers as your quarterback, or even Jay Cutler, you're going to throw it. Even if you get the six yards, you lose.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,428 / 13 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,487ß
    Six yards is an average. I would not hesitate.

10. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    180ß

In other words, Conte should not have expected anyone to be behind him ("there is NO DEEP SAFETY!!!!!"). So when Cobb ran past him, who did he think was going to pick him up?

• Dislike Dislike x 1