The Official Flogging Chris Conte Thread.............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 29, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,324ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Go red team!

2. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,907ß
    We'd run out of time out while he dialing it in. Maybe we draw big X's on the field where he's supposed to line up. That was at least half their problem with being out of position last year. Like I said it looked like a Chinese Fire Drill out there before every snap.

• Like Like x 1
  3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,907ß
    Well there's surely a few to choose from that will go in the 2nd through the 4th rounds. I'm sure we can get at least one and Jimmie Ward isn't even on that list. I think this is a little of what I was getting at when I said we don't have to take a FS in the round one. The current ratings of these guy may not be as great as Dix or Pryor but that the next level this bunch is packed in pretty tight and they would still probably give us more than Conte can. He needs some very stiff competition and IMHO this one place we can get it.

Things may change under Emery but we never drafted a Safety in round one. Mike Brown was about the highest Safety pick we ever made and that was in round two and before that I think all the way back to Richie Petibon and he was actually a QB when we drafted him. It wasn't just Lovie. The Bears have never valued Safeties that high. CBs yes, but not Safeties.

4. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,907ß

Yeah, the time of possession is definitely in your favor so far. :alright: Here's the blue team getting some sympathy. :lol-027:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,907ß
    Wow what a coincidence but mine feature Mel Tucker. :4_8_2v[1]: And sheep. I always seem to have Packer fans in mine. :packsheep2:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,966ß

I'm on it!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    That last play nobody knew what the hell defense we were in. Trestman and Tucker pressers completely contradicted Briggs. Then there was some weird stuff about a late audible by Anderson? Then throw in Peps pathedict lack of effort and the other 6 rushers inability to force a quick throw. No, if you are putting that play soley on Conte you aren't being honest with yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  8. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,359ß
    Couple of points. I think it's clear how I feel about conte. Someone explain to me how a guy who was 3rd on our team in tackles is "scared to tackle" and then can we please get over what the safety is supposed to do in cover two because while we show that shell we didn't run a whole of cover 2 in 2012 or last year. I expect there to be competition for conte in camp, and if he isn't as good as that competition fine, but I don't see him as the problem some of you do.

9. dabears70

dabears70
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    301ß
    You can see him shying away from using his shoulder when he's going to make a tackle cause he's so worried about hurting his shoulder again. He's always late in his help coverage and he has 40 speed that's fine for a free safety (4.53 40) but he doesn't use it well on the field. It wasn't just last year that he was bad, he was bad in 2012 to but the rest of our defense was good so it hid how bad he really was.

10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,966ß
    We could briefly touch on his taking the wrong angles if you like.

#50 Bearsinhouston, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014