The Official Flogging Chris Conte Thread.............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 29, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    472ß
    I think it's such a slow time right now that there isn't a heck of a lot to talk about. I'm just dying a slow death waiting for the draft now. Threads like this Conte thing are bigger than they normally would be.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,748 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,335ß
    Congrats brother. You just pushed us over the century mark here. Post #101. :lolsign:

:4_17_6[1]: :guinness:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    I just don't like us to see the board cannibalize itself with over analyzation and dissension. It takes away from what really makes this board stand out over all others IMO.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,713 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    697ß
    has anyone mentioned in the last 5 pages that Conte sucks? I'm not talking GB sucks, I'm talking crack whore for a 5 spot sucks.
  5. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

Let's hope so. Jennings tackles like the way Conte covers on 4th and 8.
  6. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +573 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    179ß
    This thread puts an image in my mind, but I haven't had the time to photoshop it. It's an image of Conte being flogged by this character... :4_2_111v[1]:.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 50YearFrustration

50YearFrustration Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    My biggest beef with Conte is that he just doesn't seem to "get" that he is one of the last lines of defense. Poor angles, over-aggressiveness & shoddy tackling do not a good safety make,...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,748 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,335ß
    Some of the problems he had may have been brought on by the guys playing in front of him but this is his fourth year and if he hasn't figured out the Safety position by now he never will. If he even plays I'll be interested to see just how much better he adjust to everything with a much better line playing in front of him. Even though we need far better competition for him than the kid from GB. I think they got him as much for his STeams possibilities as his Safey play and he may not even make the team. I'm relatively sure Conte will but I want another guy in there competing head to head with him for the job. Someone who can really push him.
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,748 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,335ß
    We to get into it sometimes shorty but I see it as little more than beer talk at a tavern like brothers or two friends who strenuously disagree. We may debate it but we'll be right back drinking with one another (figuratively speaking) the very next day. :13_4_6[1]:

We're all fans of the same team so it's certainly not borne out of hatred.

As for my rather lengthy posts, I apologize. It's the analytical nature in me and it's hard to break. If I make investment recommendations to a client I need to document my reasons for doing so and keep them in my files. I guess some of that just carries over into these posts. I'll try for more brevity, OK. :cheers:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. shark86x

Ratings:
    +573 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    179ß
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  11. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,748 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,335ß
    :rofl2: :bah::lolsign:
  12. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +445 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    :23_28_100[1]::bah::002::rofl2:
  13. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

Here's the image most of us have of Chris Conte:

[​IMG]
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    472ß

Jeesh, you hand one Division Championship to the Green Bay Packers, and the fans never let 'ya forget it. It's just one season guys, we'll have others. And it wasn't like it was a loss to a team we care much about. Just the Packers. And we're used to losing to 'em in recent years anyway. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +445 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    again, take a real educated look at what you are seeing. Look at his hips and eyes and look at Bowman's. No DB in pop warner would have hive hips closed to the line if they were in man with 18. Bowmans hips are open to the middle of the field away from the X. This says they were in some kind of zone and if I had to take a guess Bowman didn't think there was any way they were running a fly route on 4th and 2. You can fault conte for the other play this season, but to say he "gave GB the divison" is wrong. We need to get over this one particular play when casting judgement on Conte.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,748 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,335ß
    Are we still flogging? :4_2_111v[1]:

Yep that is the image most have but look what's happening. I think Grizz pointed this out too. Conte hips are closed and he's heading for his zone in the flat thinking Bowman would take the deep cover. Once that WR broke his route off in the zone he thought they were playing he's headed over there to tackle the guy before he can get the first down. He may well have been Rodgers only choice if we'd contained him because he wouldn't have had time to set and throw downfield. In the first place if they were even thinking of going to man coverage Conte should never have been on Cobb and that should have been realized.

The blitz was called right before the snap and he never got the call. There's a difference between him being down field and being beat vs simply covering the wrong guy. Even if he had picked up the call Cobb could have beaten him on pure speed alone and it's still a TD. Somebody should have called a TO and made sure they had it straight.
  17. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,748 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,335ß
    After hearing the commentary from that bonehead BB announcer Harrelson no wonder so many people blame it all on Conte. Hawk didn't know what the fuck he was talking about. Just because Conte was lined up on Cobb doesn't mean he had the deep cover. If he did that had to be the worst idea in the world because he doesn't have the speed to stay with him and could easily have beaten him deep just like I said. It could just as easily been Bowman's screw up because whose peeking into the backfield. Not Conte that's for sure.
  18. shark86x

Ratings:
    +573 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    179ß

True, but I don't blame him so much for that play. Like others have posted. But I do blame him for being consistently out of position, for taking bad pursuit angles, for missing tackles, and for not being able to bring his man down on that one in a million shot he actually closes on his guy and then gets dragged for 20 yards. Thus the flogging was made on the Lynch play where he was clearly at fault for missing the tackle.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. shark86x

Ratings:
    +573 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    179ß
    The flogging will continue until morale improves.

Or Conte makes a tackle, whichever is first.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,748 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,335ß
    I'll buy all of that Shark but for many it's that one play that has them saying they never want to see him back there again and that isn't a practical thought just yet. He's got to improve on hell of a lot as far as his tackling and his anticipation of where the ball is going.