The Official Flogging Chris Conte Thread.............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 29, 2014.

1. dabears70

dabears70
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    301ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    He's gonna look a little better because the rest of our defense will be better. I think one starting spot will come from the winner of a camp battle between R.Mundy and C.Conte and we will get our other starter in the draft and i think R.Mundy will win the spot and play SS.

2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,287ß
    Mel could get him some help with this too.

[​IMG]

3. dabears70

dabears70
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    301ß
    I agree that every team has their good/great players on defense and then they'll have their average players but i just don't think you should have the average player playing free safety which is your last line of defense.

• Like Like x 1
  4. billatter

billatter
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    263ß
    I always hesitate to jump on a player in this sort of position as it's always so hard to judge whether Conte isn't good enough to play FS, or was it a case of him spending too much time worrying about other people's screw-ups and ended up not taking care of his responsibilities. I can't judge it one way or the other. However, if we go solely by the bottom line, lets just say that it would be a waste of time to ship him north when he gets cut.

• Like Like x 1
  5. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,831ß
    But on that last play they weren't in Cover-2. Conte was up on the line and had the receiver who took the quick out. Bowman had the deep coverage because of who was in the slot. That's what Anderson changed just before the snap and why you saw Conte head for the sideline until he saw Bowman wasn't covering the slot and the it oh fuck time.

Grizz nailed it here and that's what the coaches said in the post game by way of an explanation. It didn't come from Conte. He said nothing and took responsibility for it. All he said we that he didn't get the call that made the change. If Bowman heard it , and it's obvious he did, then why didn't he check off with Conte to make sure they were straight? Put Peanut in there and it probably doesn't happen. It was a bad luck game and we screwed up a lot on defense, the whole defense, or it never would've come down to that in the first place.

6. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,831ß
    Wow, 55 posts. I never realized flogging Conte would be so popular. :laughing-019:

7. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    740ß
    I would leave him alone for now, give him a break, he can turn it around, he has the attributes, pretty decent tackler, he can be a different player this season

8. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,831ß
    And I think that's an excellent point Bill. None of us can. They could have released him to but they didn't so Emery and the Coaches must see something there worth keeping around. If all he did was end up as a backup he'd be better than Steltz in coverage. I don't buy everything that B/R ranking says either and that's not the one that Emery and his staff work from for sure.

People may forget that until his Sr. year in college Conte was a CB so he's still on his learning curve as a FS and his reaction time is poor. He actually does have the speed and the range to play the position. I would be thrilled if we could upgrade him because we'd have a backup with 40 games worth of starts and far better depth than we have now.

9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,831ß
    Look like the blue team is making a late comeback here! :cheer2:

10. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß

Yep. This^^^Here's the thing. We need to get the hell over that last play. If you really want to dwell on it go watch it again and try to tell me Conte was at any fault. Loose the idea Conte had the deep part of the field. this was a fire blitz with 0 coverage behind it. I actually give Tucker credit for this call and with a little effort from Pep (or he could have been his lazy self, but being lazy AND selfish he got blocked from across the formation and then lost contain) we take him down. Conte actually probably breaks up that pass if Pep tries because that 2 yard stick out was the only route that had broken when the pressure SHOULD have got there. No, had Conte turned and bailed with the fly then the same people would crucify him for leaving that stick wide open for an easy conversion. Sometimes ya just cant win.

• Like Like x 1