The Official Flogging Chris Conte Thread.............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 29, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,026 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,728ß
    The Titanic iceberg and Hindenburg fire are both somehow tied to Obama's birth certificate conspiracy. I read all about this in the newspaper (the front page covered Obama running for a 3rd term, and backed by a powerful UFO alien).

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    That would be the guy standing behind the one with the pointy head?
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,026 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,728ß
    The article actually says that is Sasquatch, but wearing a John McCain mask. Apparently our entire congress is now a lost Sasquatch tribe cleverly disguised as politicians.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +487 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    Wrong. Do you honestly believe that the FS is always deep? Always? Then I guess your answer to my question earlier regarding understanding basic high school level coverages would be a no. There are countless examples of coverages that your FS isn't deep. I'll stick to some basics that you may recall from Madden. 1man, 1 robber, 11 roll/cloud, 0 man, Cover 3 (with FS on weak side). There are about 100 others that we could note but that's not really necessary.

Not really important, but given that Lacey ran wild and our D was giving up 6 ypc on the year...not an "obvious" passing situation. Given that its GB with Arod to win a game, I'd agree it was likely.

Here is my personal favorite of this. So let's get this straight. You are saying Conte is at fault because he should have somehow known there would be a busted coverage behind him, abandoned his zone (thus leaving the 6yd out wide open), and turned around and ran with Cobb? On a play where clearly should have been someone deep. (if you bother to go back a few pages its noted via the video that Bowman had his hips open with his hip to the X, 3 steps after the snap. This suggests that he was going to bail deep.) So bottom line, he should have just done his own thing, regardless of the coverage call and ran back there for the hell of it. Interesting, very interesting. Not sure what the proper coverage call for "do whatever the hell you want" is.

Abe, I'm not sure if you honestly believe this uneducated opinion on what happened on that last play, or if on a slow news day your just trying to stir the hornets nest again. We covered this topic for about 4 pages in here. Feel free to go back and read if you would like, but it has been put to rest. This debate and frankly, incorrect point is dead and there is no reason to go back to it. We beat that last play into the ground and most have come to the same conclusion. An all out defensive failure, a busted coverage, a missed sack....but not on one sole person. If you honestly want to continue to preach a incorrect and moot point, I'm sure there is a facebook comment thread with likeminded people. We have a great community on here full of knowledgeable fans that are able to have rich and knowledgeable debates. This point is dead lets not revisit it, there is plenty of meaningful and debatable things to talk about, this isn't one.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    91ß
    Not really important, but given that Lacey ran wild and our D was giving up 6 ypc on the year...not an "obvious" passing situation. Given that its GB with Arod to win a game, I'd agree it was likely.

4th and eight isn't an obvious pass situation? Really? That's your argument? Go with that.

And who do you imagine plays behind the safety? Besides the goal line, that is. Busted coverage behind him? There's no coverage behind him....he's the SAFETY.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    Actually, he has a point. If I'm getting 6 yards a run on average, am I going to throw it? Probably not. It is part of the decision process.
  7. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +915 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    765ß
    No...you're wrong...if it was cover 0 there is no safety...thats what cover 0 is! If there was a robber coverage and he was the robber, he is not the last line of defense anymore. Seriously...there needs to be a basic understanding of coverages if you're gonna blast coverage skills.
    Again...if they're showing 0 coverage, which they were, there is NO DEEP SAFETY!!!!! I don't know how many more friggen times this point needs to be made
  8. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    91ß

On 4th and eight, with Aaron Rodgers as your quarterback, or even Jay Cutler, you're going to throw it. Even if you get the six yards, you lose.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    Six yards is an average. I would not hesitate.
  10. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    91ß

In other words, Conte should not have expected anyone to be behind him ("there is NO DEEP SAFETY!!!!!"). So when Cobb ran past him, who did he think was going to pick him up?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +487 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    You clearly don't understand the very basics of coverage man, let alone the complexity of nfl coverages. If you would stop being insulted because people are pointing out that fact, then maybe you would become more knowledgeable on the subject. It's entirely possible to show a 1 high look and roll the Wcb and NB deep while the FS (conte in case you are unsure) and Scb take the flats and SS jumps on any slants, drags, crosses. Notice how major blows up the drag and bowman opens his hips to bail. We can't see the other side of the ball so no way of knowing, but that's 1 of about 100 coverages where conte would have someone behind him other than the goalline.

This point and debate are dead dude, we don't know what happened but to put definitive blame on conte makes you sound like one of the meatheads that call into B and B on 670 to get ripped on. Let's leave it at that shall we?

Oh and Lacey was averaging almost 8 yac that game.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +915 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    765ß
    Well if you understand the vernacular a shell is a look, the coverage was obviously something else. This has been covered, go educate yourself on what actually happened that play.
  13. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    91ß

I know what happened on that play. Cobb ran past the safety, the least line of defense, who didn't pick him up. As a result, he was wide open, and so he scored. If anyone wants to try to argue that did not happen, go for it.

On the actual last play of the game, when Cutler heaved one down the field, you know who was wide open for the Bears? No one. The pass defenders didn't let anyone run past them. What a concept.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +915 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    765ß
    You ever take an iq test Abe?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +487 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß

So I've got this narrowed down to about one of three things. What one is it dude?

1) Your bored like the rest of us in the gap between FA and the draft. Kinda like those shock jocks on the radio that say completely senseless and ridiculous things to spark responses.

2) Your 13-16 ish and just find it fun to get a rise out of people. Got a brother that age this is like arguing with him over things he knows nothing about but will argue anyways.

3) You honestly have absolutely no concept of the game of football. I mean any 12 year old that has played some Madden knows your FS isn't always the deepest in coverage. Maybe you just recently got into watching football and have seen nobody play other than the Lovie ran bears with the Tampa 2?

Anyone want to take bets on what one it is.. maybe I should start a pool
    • Like Like x 1
  16. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    I think it was convicted initially........but sometime that evening around midnight as the clock in the bell tower struck 12 the conviction was overturned on a peal. :stooges:
    • Like Like x 2
  17. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Abe is another one who hit my ignore list right after Captain Hork Snot. Where the fuck are these guys coming from Grizz? Is every Jr. HS in Chicagoland on spring break or did their folks forbid them to call Mike North's show anymore so they came here?

They're not here to debate and maybe gain a bit of insight. They come with an axe to grind and a pulpit to preach their sole point of view from as if the Lord God himself had handed them the ten tablets of truth. It's a waste of time arguing with drunks or the insane. Since I've been both at various times I'm familiar with the challenge. :tornado: LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +487 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    Yep, same here, and I don't know man. Its annoying. Honestly think it is immature 14-16 year olds who's parents just set them up an e-mail...letting them register for things like this. Really isn't any other explanation IMO, the childish name calling along with the idiotic point backed by blind stubbornness screams pre-teen to me. It's whatever, I'm sure they'll grow up eventually and maybe in 5 years they can come back here and participate in our great discussions and debates. For now I think the ignore list is best for everyone on this board. I know from the experience of having a Freshman brother that if they aren't getting the desired rise out of people their lightning bolt attention span will trigger and it will give up on it. Prolly off to troll the facebook comment threads or something.

Anyways now draft is officially less than a month away.
  19. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +487 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    Yep, same here, and I don't know man. Its annoying. Honestly think it is immature 14-16 year olds who's parents just set them up an e-mail...letting them register for things like this. Really isn't any other explanation IMO, the childish name calling along with the idiotic point backed by blind stubbornness screams pre-teen to me. It's whatever, I'm sure they'll grow up eventually and maybe in 5 years they can come back here and participate in our great discussions and debates. For now I think the ignore list is best for everyone on this board. I know from the experience of having a Freshman brother that if they aren't getting the desired rise out of people their lightning bolt attention span will trigger and it will give up on it. Prolly off to troll the facebook comment threads or something.

Anyways now draft is officially less than a month away.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    LOL, the NFL site has a clock ticking down the days, hours, and minutes. Nothing like a little self promotion huh?
    • Like Like x 1