The OFFICIAL Jags game reaction thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 14, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,896ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Offense looks good but defense and ST still suck. It wasn't Clausen's night but he's still the guy I want behind Cutty. I agree with Zif, McClellin was better but still has a lot of work to do.

I don't want to see Weems, Spurlock and Edwards on the final roster. Too many penalties, Kelvin Hayden's holding was just stupid.

Trevor Scott looks like he was a steal in FA - if he can stay healthy.

O'Donnell is our punter.

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,614ß
    [​IMG]

Now if Bostic can only continue to do that during the season...

• Bear Down! Bear Down! x 4
  3. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,847ß
    Yeah, that was a great play Jimmors unfortunately it was his only great play. McClellin made a nice stop early on too but then both spent the rest of the game playing on their heels again.

This is what I mean by playing downhill and attacking. Both Bostic and McClellin can do this so why is it they aren't doing it most every play? Maybe Tucker is playing it cool so far so as not to show much but once again this defense lacks aggressiveness and precision.

If this crap continues after the season starts we need to dump Tucker. His scheme isn't what we need here with the players we have. The D played lazy tonight. Maybe they weren't up for this game or maybe they just don't know the scheme or it's bad scheme but this still isn't a Chicago Bears defense I'm seeing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    My impressions:

D started slow but really picked up in the 2nd and 3rd drives; Hayden kinda muffed the one TD allhis own. The pressure is there and that's a bonus
    DB's not named Tillman/Jennings, McCray and McMannis didn't show up when I was watching. Henne was playing catch w/an open field w/his TE's and WR's.
    As many people complained about the flags, hands there were 5 hands to the face in the 1st half, that's an easy call and needs to be stopped.
    Shea/Bostic apparently can blitz(from previous years) and do a little run stop, but neither know how to cover on passing downs gotta be able to do both.
    Fuller and Miller got hurt, but I'm guessing they could have come back if needed, didn't sound like anything serious.
    1st team OL run blocking is awful, more often then not Forte was getting hit behind the OL: I'm not worried b/c I don't think Cutler is calling audibles; you see things go a little more smooth when Clausen got in there and called an audible into the correct play.
    Draughan actually looked pretty solid, as did Carey and Perry....why not let Perry work on KR/PR? Couldn't be worse then Weems.
    Ford is on the outsie looking in.
    I really am liking this McCray kid at S, seemed like he had a good ST hit, and some good plays on D also.

5. MikeGolf97

MikeGolf97 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    75ß
    I am not crowing either of these LBs as "Better" yet. Bostic might have looked better last preseason, He blew up two plays last night but what he needs to do learn to fill gas and tackle on normal plays. He always seems to pick the wrong gap and over run. They blamed a pass coverage play on Shea last night but The QB had a lot of the to make that throw happen and it seems to me that most LBs are a mismatch in coverage (yhea we we spoiled by Urlacher).

For the most part the first team players on both side looked unmotivated and did not seem to want to be out there, But who blames them. Weems looked just bad, couldn't catch, did nothing on ST, and got chewed out by Jay for not running back towards him when the play broke down, seems like someone with as much time in the NFL as Weems should know that. Oline gave Cutler all day, I love seeing that you know if he has time he is gonna make a huge play.
    That dude we got from Redskins Morgan looked great. Him and Williams keepers, at this point i don't think anyone is asking for Weems to hang around.

6. mshu7

mshu7 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    Perry played ST at Louisville, including KR I believe. I'd be all for him getting a shot.

• Like Like x 2
  7. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,053ß
    Or maybe it's the second pre-season game and it wasn't game planned for?

8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    Wait they don't gameplan for PS?!?!?!?! I'm stunned, flabbergasted even.

9. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    493ß
    In the interest of veteran respect, the Bears need to let Weems go as soon as possible to give him the best chance of latching on with another team. Preferably one in our division.

• Like Like x 2
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,408ß
    oh shoot... you didn't have to do that. Hell, everyone was probably happy they didn't have to read it. Now you ruined it for them! LOL

• Like Like x 1