The OFFICIAL Jags game reaction thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 14, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That's my think Butkus, 1 guy(Hayden) made the D look worse then it actually was.

Got one person saying they weren't agressive enough; but the team was bringing lb's up to pass rush or attack the run constantly. Does anyone expect them to blitz 100% of the time? How much more agressive can you want? I actually thought the agression was one of the reasons they looked so bad, the LB's were out of position andunabl to make up the space between the CB's leaving easy pitch and catch situations.

I don't think that's going to be an issue in the reg season when they are actually game planning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,731ß
    Yes, I sure they would have been much more prepared. And we would have looked MUCH better seeing as the Jaguars didn't game plan either, we would have had a distinct advantage.

3. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,795ß
    We can hope that there is some improvement as they get more experience playing with each other. Also, I assume they are holding back some of their more sophisticated stunts, blitz packages, etc. for the regular season. With the Bears offense, we don't need the D to be great -- just respectable, average NFL defense to be competitive in the division.

• Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,731ß
    oh, I'm sure we are. At this point I think it's more fundamentals. Two lines are lined up against each other and they are looking to see if the linemen can open holes, if they can protect the QB, practice jeying off of each other, etc. On the D, the same thing, can they get to the QB, how is their technique, is the discipline there, keeping penalties down, stuff like that. With the WR's, can they run the routes, catch the ball, seperate, etc.

Neither side is game planning, so IMO, it is same-same. game planning should not be an excuse for us as it is not for them. Neither side is doing it at this point. It's just how are they playing against another team? Are they physical, getting that experience together as you say, etc.

Anyway, that's my take.

5. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    EXACTLY Bearsinhouston. Neither team was "game planning" last night, so that is not an excuse for shoddy fundamentals.

6. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,273ß
    Mel Tucker has had his mulligan year.

I don't see the spark or energy.

hell Jared Allen made a great tackle for a loss and not one person approached him.

I still smell last year, with new players. So it must be tucker, although maybe he will bring something different when I counts.

7. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    I am afraid that you are correct, ski-whiz!!!!!

8. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,258ß
    Yeah...they probably wanted to work on some blitz packages this game...see how they looked.

9. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,258ß
    What fundamentals were shoddy specifically?

10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    That and they were looking to see how the LB's were in pass coverage, and they(Bostic/Shea) were found lacking; no surprise. Those 2 need the reps and need to learn their assignments, but that's not going to happen quickly that's what this PS is about. This live action will get the film the team needs to try and address the problems