There are some serious db's that post on espn/chicago

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Billie Murray, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Billie Murray

Billie Murray
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Thankfully I don't have a facebook account or I may waste my time trying to help them learn simple life lessons.

2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Anyone who has ever read a fb comment chain on fan pages knows how ignorant and trollish most "common fans" are. This is why this community is so awesome, a bunch of knowlegable people with different perspectives that can provide meaningful and fact based convorsations. Good work:13_4_9[1]:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,330ß
    Come now.... there are a few DBs here too :D

But its all fun. We give and take

4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Only DBs in the community are DBs in the best possible way :1stprize:

The real clueless type (anyone remember Clutchler LOL) don't usually last long

• Like Like x 2
  5. Billie Murray

Billie Murray
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    One thing that bothers me and I know that the majority of folks on this thread feel the same way about Urlacher (I think all you haters have horrible memories or choose to cherry pick what you remember and what to forget) but that any time anyone says anything about the Bears they bring up Urlacher and question loyalty like the comments Briggs made. I will argue my point on Urlacher another day but no one can question his passion or loyalty to being a Bear.

The one thing that I did take from Briggs comments about Peanut signing and Melton still out there is that he sees Melton's situation and draws a parallel to when he was franchised. Big difference - Henry Melton was happy to sign the franchise tag, he had no forethought to the 'what if's', then he came into camp not in the greatest shape of his life but frankly out of shape and he did nothing to compare to the prior year before going down (which was a darn shame). Briggs on the other-hand was livid over the franchise tag to the point he talked of not reporting. When he did he was in great shape and had a terrific season. The two could not have been more different in their approach to the franchise tag. Sorry but when you are paid that kind of money there is no "off-season" from keeping oneself in shape. I get it, Briggs sees that it could've been him that year and is showing empathy for a fellow teammate but there is no comparing the two.

Also, Bears fans ripping Peppers and Wooten for last year. The Bears decided not to bring back their HOF Team leader and MLB on Defense, then lost his replacement, they let Isreal Idonje go to a rival in the Norse Division, and then lost both starting DTs (one being their franchise player) to season ending knee injuries, the third DT Stephen Paea missed seemingly half the season with various toe and foot injuries, then you lose the two team leaders on the Defensive side if not the football team and Pro Bowl players in Peanut and Briggs. So the Bears found out the 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers were nothing like their Pro Bowl starters, the franchise player, their old team Captain or the guy signed to replace the perennial all-pro. Take any two ends in football and put them in that position and see what happens.....dramatic decline because no one is able to beat their man one on one, no one is completing their assignments and thus they start trying to do more than what their focus is. Peppers was making tackles Conte was missing....no wonder the dude was taking plays off. Sorry but there are no two DEs in the game that will look as good playing with guys off the street, draft busts and practice squad players. Sometimes people do not get the game....it's not basketball...no isolation - each depends on the other 10 to do at least a half-assed job of fulfilling their duties. I feel the Bears would be better off bringing Wooten back than Melton. Remember the last disruptive DT with speed and athleticism the Bears had that went down with an injury...Tommie was never the same because big guys have a tougher time coming back from knee injuries because of the extra weight they carry. Next thing it led to a serious hamstring injury. It's a bummer to lose Peppers to the Pack and those Packer's fans that boo the move read above. Weak brain, narrow mind. Look at the big picture....if your GM can field a decent defense Peppers will be an asset. I'd like to see them go after Isi, Wooten, Melton (if motivated), Jarred Allen *if they are willing to take less money and if Allen can swallow his pride and rotate in on pass rushing situations because one thing I learned from last season is you can't be too deep. Then go after D-Line and maybe an O-lineman in the draft some studs to maybe even start in front of the vets (logical with a #1 & #2 pick). I can't even imagine Conte being in camp...but I've also seen film dissected to where he was covering for a wondering Major. Still I don't know what his strong suit or upside is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,316ß
    Clutchler will always be remembered for his "bag of dicks" comment. He's gone, but not forgotten :-)

• Like Like x 2
  7. short faced bear

short faced bear
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    843ß
    No, I believe that is Henry's baby. And to the OP thanks for noticing our DB.

8. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß

Ah yes but separating the "givers" from the "takers" requires patience and persistence! :rofl2:

9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    Bravo!!! :23_28_100[1]: :36_1_11[1]:

And I swear to all of you this isn't me posting under a different name nor is Billie my twin brother. But I do appreciate seeing another poster looking at the big picture in much the same way I did and still do. Without a doubt injuries hurt the defense last year but so did Phil Emery's misjudgments in personnel decisions which left us short on NFL caliber depth AND leadership. Maybe that's why Tucker is getting a second chance and Phil is owning up to his part in that cratering. It really doesn't get any more pathetic than that.

It's equally tough to judge the performance of some who remained healthy when they were all playing like headless chickens scurrying around before the snap and many times not even knowing what their assignments were. As many of you know I'm a musician and everyone in a band is also dependent on the others doing their job correctly so you can do yours. If the drummer can't keep time we can't lock into a "pocket" and the tune never gets a "flow" to it. If the guitarist is soloing over the top of my vocals that messes up my timing and phrasing. Those guys all had jobs to do last year and less than half of them were doing theirs.

We saw what a lack of coordination and cohesiveness did to the OLine in 2012 and how correcting that with better talent and players who could carry out their assignments turned the whole thing around. Well, 2013 was the DLines turn to do a 2012 act and it wasn't pretty was it? This past week I've seen Emery taking some steps to assure that at least that won't happen again and although we lost Pep the re-signing of Tillman was far more important because he's far more a leader on that team than Pep ever was. With the possibility that we'll have two new Safeties playing this year stability at CB will be important.

The most positive thing to me is that Phil Emery and the coaching staff appear to be learning from their previous mistakes which is something we rarely saw with JA or Lovie. Angelo would never admit to making one and Lovie wouldn't admit to anything at all good or bad. He was a great defensive coach but always saw the glass as being half full no matter whether it was dry as dust or overflowing. I'm not happy with all of their decisions but at least this bunch all the way up to George McCaskey seems more human to me than what we've experienced before. To me that means they'll make mistakes but humans do that. Then they try to correct them and move on and so far that seems to be the way it's going. Now we just have to wait for the results to know if it works.

• Like Like x 1
  10. omc1969

omc1969
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    The thing that bothers me is that when a team has injuries as the Bears did last year then those other starters need to step up. THAT'S what they are paid to do no matter who lines up next to them. IMHO Peppers simply gave up for whole games and parts of other games and has as much as admitted it.:(