This article pretty much sums up the Giants game

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Oct 11, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost
    Expand Collapse

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,648ß
    Brad, thanks for posting this. It's probably the best article I've read this season on the Bears. It is "real" in that it doesn't sugarcoat our weaknesses, yet it doesn't go overboard the other way either. Many of us fans (and I am guilty here too) are a bit delusional, in thinking you can throw together a new team like this with so many new players and coaches - and have instant chemistry and success. Brandon Marshall & Jay Cutler, were excellent after the game, giving a "real" description of where this team is at, and about how long it takes to have a team like, say, the Saints. It takes years.

It's real. Love the article. It's VERY encouraging. Loved this part in particular:

3. milehibearsfan

milehibearsfan
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    I see the article as spot on. A win is not always a great feeling when it leaves you sort of empty. Da Bearss are looking much better than last season, Cutler is upright for the most part, but the D is :-P. The future is promising, and maybe not years either. I'm really concerned about the two Mon. night games away, though. BEAR DOWN BEARSS!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,648ß
    We have one game before the bye week. Then we go to Lambeau to face the Packers. It will be VERY interesting to see how much progress the team has made at that particular point. Green Bay has owned us in recent years. And Jay seems to have his epic failure games against them. It will be really interesting to see how the team performs in that game. It's not just a win/loss test, although it would be mighty nice to get the win. But, it's more of a test to see if we've, at least, made some strides with the new team in general - and Jay Cutler in particular.

Of course we need to build on last night's win, by winning against Washington. Could be another good learning experience game too.

5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,232ß
    "They're not particularly good yet, not after losing two straight and having to cling to victory at home over the historically awful New York Giants."

I'm not sure this particular line is on the mark on several levels. Not particularly good because we have lost two straight, with one being to the Saints is not in my mind an incrimination of a bad team. Lots of teams lose to the Saints. I don't think we are particularly good either (but certainly far from bad), but more because of how we are playing on D. No D will cause you to lose games.

Plus the comment about the historically awful Giants doesn't ring true either. There is no doubt that they are awful this year? Historically awful? I would say exactly the opposite.

6. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost
    Expand Collapse

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    BearsinHouston, would you agree with my comments in this thread?

7. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,427ß

That comment kind of killed their credibility for me. I even read that comment a couple times.

We all know the Giants are a dangerous team at any time. They are almost like the Yankees. They are good enough to hang around, then turn it on in December/January.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,648ß
    The fact is that the Giants ARE historically awful. They are 0-6. Their worst record since 1976. It's been 37 years since they've been that bad after 6 games.

I believe that old saying "You are what your records SAYS you are."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,232ß
    But JABF, that is not historically awful. That is awful just this year. At least that is my interpretation of what historically awful means -- that historically they have been awful, and that's simply not true.

10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,232ß
    About Cutler and Marshall? Yes, of course. However, I would go out on a limb and say that they have known this from the beginning. This is what they do for a living and they have probably been told the same by their coaches that do this for a living. I think the realization is in the aspect of the sportswriters and fans coming to grips with it. I think the general perception is change to good coaches, bring in some good players, play a few games and you are there.

Now, there have been some very quick turnarounds, and I think Cutler and Marshall are also talking about clicking on all cylinders and really KNOWING a system. You don't have to be there to win games. You can still be learning a system, still not be up to potential and be a good team that wins games. I think we are trying to get to this second place. And I do think we could have been there if it were not for the injuries (and possibly coaching ) on the D.

I don't know what the difference is for sure, but injuries or no injuries, they just don't seem the same. That's my take. Add $1 and it still won't buy you a cup of coffee :)