This could be one of the best draft classes ever.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Mar 2, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,715 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,243ß
    I hope we do well. I realize it's extremely hard to find a partner to draft down with, but it sure would be a good year to do it. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I think deeper but maybe with less top tier talent but that's good. They say that the top picks are where you find the impact players but the middle rounds are where you find the guys you win with. Guys like Garza (5th round), Mills (5th round), Briggs (4th round), Melton (4th round), Wootton (4th round), Wright (3rd........oops! :D
  3. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Garza was a 4th rounder and Briggs was a 3rd, but I agree with the lack of top talent this year.

I'm also wary anytime a draft proclaims itself to be the "Year of the _____" when it thinks it is top heavy of first round talent. Like in 2005 when it was the "Year of the RB". That worked out great for us. Or 2008 when it was the "Year of the OT", and out of all those tackles, what, like Clady and Duane Brown are still on their respective teams and playing well. Is Sam Baker still on the Falcons?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    The talent that's there in one seems to be spread out. By that I mean a couple or three good OTs and QB's and DT or two, and couple of DEs, Safeties, CBs, WRs etc. No matter what position a team wants to draft there seem to guys there in one but the high impact can't miss guys seem less. It's the next two rounds that have some great second tier guys who could start and that may be what they mean.
  5. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    43ß
    Good depth draft with some strong upside guys.