This is a good opportunity for us to see how Trestman responds in a true crisis.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 21, 2013.

1. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    176ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I agree with the thread title. But, I will also say that we can't hold Trestman accountable if things go really bad. These injuries are insurmountable for any team let alone one led by a rookie head coach.

If he does better than I expected in this current situation then it will really impress me but, if he doesn't I won't hold him accountable either.

2. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    887ß
    looking at your signature... our stars...
    cutler -out
    b marsh - injuries all year
    pep - old
    forte- hes ok
    garza-old
    pnut-injured
    briggs-out....

crippled

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,655ß
    +1

That's a good way to put it. And that's pretty much my take on it too. Emery will need this off-season to build up the defense, like he focused on the offense this past off-season. Also, the youngsters will have had a lot of valuable game reps by next season, and while we will take our lumps this year, as they go through the normal learning curve of rookies starting - it should pay valuable dividends next year.

But I agree. If Trestman handles this crisis season well, then that will impress me. I really can't remember a Bears season with this wide of an array of challenging factors. Basically we have so many new players, new coaches top-to-bottom, new play books, new schemes (even the defense looks different from Lovie's D), rookies starting, a roster that still needs upgrading from Jerry Angelo's tenure -- and on top of all that we have had our KEY players drop like flies to injury. I just can't remember any Bears season quite like this. And that's going back over a half-century (of course as an old geezer my memory isn't always so hot) :)

It's like Trestman has been thrown into the furnace fires. One heck of a way to begin your head coaching debut in the NFL.

[​IMG]

4. mdbearz

mdbearz
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    294ß
    I guess the Question is, what does sucess look like?

Is it a certain record like 9-7 or 10-6?

Maybe a run of wins at the end of the season with the team looking like it can compete with and beat GB and Detroit.

Maybe something else.

5. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    750ß
    Most good coaches can win when everything is going hunky dory. BUT what happens when the wheels fall off? This will be a true test of his coaching ability. IF he can keep this from looking as bad as I think this remaining part of season will be, he could get consideration for coach of the year.

6. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    957ß
    As long as McCown doesn't go full Caleb Hanie on us, all Trestman really needs to do is keep the offense respectable in games. Absolutely no one is thinking this defense is going to turn it around, so just a slight improvement on that side will go a good ways.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    750ß
    He comes in does QB rating of 119. I think the only other thing he could of done was go in on D put his hand in the dirt and actually tackle the other QB. If Hanie would have had half that number Lovie would still be the HC today.

8. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,588ß
    He is a lot more than that.

9. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler