This is why Lovie had to be fired, and JA.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Apr 22, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    [​IMG]

3 playoff wins in almost 20 years, 10 of those years were under Lovie/JA, that's not good enough, even w/a SB bid.

I know old hat, but all the draft stuff is to so there you have it.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +919 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,081ß
    I just wanna go cry, That sucks. I knew we sucked since the 90's come the playoffs and we had the false hope in 2003 or whatever when Manning kicked are ass but not been much light at the end of the Tunnel. I really do believe we have the front office in place to change this with Emery and the Capmeister Stein, and do not forget Phillips came from the Contract side. The arrow is pointing further up than it has in a long time, I wanted JA gone a good 4 yrs before it happened and felt we wasted those years. Just not sure how long a good front office will take to fix it. Is 3 or 4 years realistic???
  3. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    BSB, I wanted Lovie and JA gone 3-4 years ago, and ya I cannot imagine we'll be in long term deep playoff run for at least another 1-2 years, might make the playoffs this year, but the NFCW is STRONG, and the South isn't weak, so the odds of the WC spot coming to the North is at best 1 and 3.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,024 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,723ß
    When I looked at that graphic it reminded me of how people talk trash about Bill Belichick like he's Darth Vader or something. But he's helped the Patriots be the lead dog in playoff wins. The rest of us are just trailing behind the lead dog sniffing his butt. It's time the Bears and Cubs actually started winning some championships here in Chicago. I'm sick of being irrelevant, even in the NFCN division we're looking up at Green Bay each year (couldn't even beat them this past year when they were the weakest they've been in years).
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    Take a good look at the people just in front of us, forget NE ....Fuggin TB, Tenn, StL, Minny, AZ, Car, Oak all have more wins then the Bears do, any of those scream top franchises? I can live w/GB(as sick as it makes me) or NE or Pitt having more, their(at least now) storied fuggin franchises it's not disrespect to have less then them; but TB-Oak that I listed? 3 wins in going in 17 years?!? That is completely unacceptable, 3 in 10 is unacceptable and honestly the Mc's and the entire upper management staff should have been let go sooner also; stein being the lone acception b/c his job was to make the contracts work, not decide who got them or what their #'s looked like
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +712 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    427ß
    Lovie was in trouble to point of SB. He gets one fluke of a year and we get him for 5 more miserable years. Once he fired Rivera and put his guy in and said trust me and that failed miserable that is when he should have been fired immediately. With JA who is dumber than shit that would never happen so we had to endure 10 years with those 2 clowns.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    The Vikings have twice as many as we do. Nuff said. This needs to get fixed quick. That's just crap.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +985 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,128ß
    You know your franchise sucks when Jacksonville has the same amount of wins as you and Oakland is listed as an even better team.

*sigh*
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    make POs would help to get some PO wins :laugh:
  10. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +985 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,128ß
    Am I the only one who's laughing at Dallas' record?

:bah:
  11. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    No I find it humorous also; JJ should fire himself, but he won't. It does appear he's letting his son have more say in the decisions which isn't necessarily a bad thing though.
  12. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    Lovie was fired after going 10-6, but I felt better about the direction of the team after 8-8 last year.

With Lovie it always felt like we did not deserve to be in the playoffs or the Superbowl. I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Last year I thought if the defense would have been healthy, we could have made a strong push to make the playoffs, and actually scared some teams.

No more holding on to average or poor players for loyalty sakes. Look at our WR corp. For quite a few years under Lovie Josh Morgan would have been the best WR on the team, and now he is likely going to compete for the #4 spot with 3 other guys.

The offensive line was pure garbage from 2005 on because Lovie and JA could not coach or identify talent.

Lovie was too nice, and he was unwilling to cut ties with the likes of Webb, or Carimi, but he let a washed up offensive coordinator tell him to get rid of the one talented guy that JA drafted for the offensive side of the ball with Greg Olsen (back to back 800 yard seasons for the Panthers).

I'm soooo glad that era is behind us, but I feel like something was stolen from me.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,024 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,723ß
    I think a GM and coach have to be a bit ruthless in pursuing championships. That doesn't mean they need to be jerks and mistreat people, but it does mean they have to make the tough decisions to relentlessly pursue excellence. Belichick understands this. People hate him for it, but I applaud him. He understands how to win. This past season they were decimated with injuries, but they still made the playoffs.

It's not being satisfied with "good" when winning championships takes more than just good. In this morning's paper I noticed the Cubs are already 12 games out of first place after only 17 games played. It just reminded me of the Bears only winning 8 games (while losing 8 games) last year, and rolled over for the Green Bay Packers again this past year. This "lovable loser" mentality needs to end for both franchises. It's time to start winning championships again with these two clubs. I'm sick of not winning.
  14. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +786 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    433ß
    I agree with everything that's been said here. I don't like it, but I agree. So I passed out a bunch of agrees instead of likes.

I too am sick of losing. Not making the playoffs, or losing if we do. The past few years the Blackhawks have done some great things, the Bears need to get a clue from them and do the same. I too feel more confident with ownership and upper mgmnt than I have since Papa Bear passed. I think we're on the right track now, but can see another year or two before we become that leading winning team we should be.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +268 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    127ß
    The incompetent cannot judge competence in others. It starts at the top. If senior management can't hire the best people to run the team, we can hardly expect those individuals to select and sign the best players.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,024 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,723ß
    The "good news" is that it sure looks promising for the Chicago Bears as we move forward. I realize we're not "there" yet, but I do like what I see happening now. Of course only time will tell. The only metric that matters in the end (for me anyway) is how many Lombardi trophies are in the case at Halas Hall. Regarding the Cubs, I'm thinking they're probably hopeless. It's a dead franchise. Hopefully the Bears can do better and start winning championships, because the Cubs are terminally ill as a franchise.
  17. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    Cubs aren't a dead franchise but the Ricketts really screwed themselves when they took the threat of moving out of that area off the table. now they are set back more then the 4-5 years they had said b/c they haven't even broken ground on a new stadium.
  18. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,024 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,723ß
    I really thought 1969 was our year. It was sooooo exciting, and I thought that we had a shot at a championship that year. Man, they had guys like Ernie Banks (love the guy, just loved him), Santo, Kessinger, Hundley, Becker.....all of them that I really enjoyed watching play. Then they just crapped out in September. Some years are better/worse than others. But like the Bears we don't see those championship trophies coming to Chicago much. It's been over 100 years now with the Cubs and over a quarter-century for the Bears. I know. Those "Lovable Losers" Cubs and Bears :-(
  19. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    if our record would look better, I'd laugh for sure
    • Like Like x 1
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    Wasn't around for '69. 80's-90's were bad enough though, not even hope. The MLB clubs that win have huge high end overseas farm systems, and the Cubs have built those at great expense, they also have at least really nice locker rooms; the Cubs locker rooms are a joke, and dangerous, it's what limits their ability to bring in FA's. The entire stadium should have been bulldozed years ago but everyones scared the field is worth more then winning and the team on the field.

Me, I say build it and they will come. I'm still a firm beleiver they should have walked away from the Wrigley area last year when the rooftop owners threatened to sue and were being general asshats. The minute they get a general deal somewhere else and are willing to agree the owners lose all their power and this stuff is happening at a much quicker pace.

The Bears seem to have finally gotten the right Mc in there and he seems to have gotten the right GM/HC , but it's still to early to tell.
    • Like Like x 1