This -N- That

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, May 14, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß

You just had to remind us huh? :nonono: LOL
  2. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    R.I.P. JOHNNY WINTER

3. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Aw, say ain't so Joe! Wow, that's blow. The guy was a monster player.

Remembering blues guitar legend Johnny Winter
    Brian Mansfield, Special for USA TODAY 3:29 p.m. EDT July 17, 2014
    [​IMG]
    JOHNNY WINTER | July 16 (age 70) | The Texas blues-rock icon (and brother of Edgar Winter), famous for his blazing ‘70s live shows, was hailed by ‘Rolling Stone’ as one of the 100 greatest guitarists of all time. (Photo: Fin Costello, Redferns)

[​IMG]
    Johnny Winter performs at the 2014 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival at Fair Grounds Race Course on May 3, 2014, in New Orleans.(Photo: John Davisson, Invision, via AP)

When Johnny Winter hit the scene back in the '60s, he looked and sounded like nothing else on the planet.

A ferocious blues guitar player with a snarling voice to match, Winter, who died Wednesday in a hotel room near Zurich, also cut a striking figure on stage with his thin, pale frame and long, white hair.

A 1968 Rolling Stone article described him as "a cross-eyed albino with long, fleecy hair, who plays some of the gutsiest, fluid blues you've ever heard."

MORE: Rockers react to loss of 'much loved' Johnny Winter
    REACTIONS: Fans send their Johnny Winters photos

If, as its mythology suggests, the blues comes from the crossroads, Winter, 70, found himself at a heavily trafficked intersection. Hailing from Beaumont, Texas, he was part of a lineage of Lone Star blues guitarists that stretches from Lightnin' Hopkins and T-Bone Walker to Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric Johnson and beyond. Winter also arrived at a time when British rock guitarists were hearing the blues, then feeding it back to American audiences in new forms. Winter found himself right in the middle of all that, earning the admiration, even the awe, of those who heard him.

Winter released his self-titled major-label debut on Columbia Records, a deal he got after executives heard him sitting in with guitarist Michael Bloomfield and keyboardist Al Kooper at New York's Fillmore East. Bloomfield had introduced him as "the baddest (expletive), man," saying, "this cat can play."

1969's Johnny Winter featured appearances by blues greats Willie Dixon and Walter Horton. Later that year, Winter appeared at the Woodstock festival, though he wasn't included in the movie.

In the early '70s, Winter formed a band with members of The McCoys, known for their 1965 hit Hang On Sloopy. That group featured a guitarist named Rick Derringer, who wrote Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo. That song, recorded by Winter in 1970 and Derringer in 1973, became a staple of album-rock radio and a must-cover song for any high-school band worth its salt throughout the '70s.

Winter packed arenas during the early and mid-'70s, as he released albums such as Still Alive and Well, Saints & Sinners and John Dawson Winter III.

Even at the height of his rock stardom, his music never strayed far from the blues. As he got older, he returned to those roots more and more frequently. He produced four albums for pioneering bluesman Muddy Waters, beginning with 1977's Hard Again. That year also saw the release of his own album Nothin' But the Blues, which lived up to its name. Winter continued to focus on blues-oriented material on subsequent albums released on Alligator, Pointblank and Virgin.
    He was the subject of a four-disc retrospective from Sony's Legacy Recordings earlier this year. Released to coincide with his 70th birthday on Feb. 23, True to the Blues: The Johnny Winter Story featured recordings spanning 1968 to 2011 and praise from a slew of prominent guitarists, including Joe Satriani, AC/DC's Angus Young, former Kiss member Ace Frehley and Eddie Van Halen.

"No one has ever played slide guitar with the pure, lusty abandon of Winter," Guitar World editor-in-chief Brad Tolinski wrote in the liner notes for True to the Blues. "His bottleneck sound is so loose and free you can't even compare it to a roller-coaster ride, because tracks and rails restrain roller coasters."

He battled health and substance abuse issues through the years. telling Guitar World in 2010, "I was not in the best shape for a while there. I was going through some really difficult personal issues, and I started taking prescription drugs to help with the problems on the advice of a doctor. But I ended up taking too many prescription drugs for too long. Combined with drinking, the adverse effects just got worse and worse."

But, he added at the time, "I feel great now."

Winter had recently recorded an album called Step Back, containing traditional blues and early rock 'n' roll songs and featuring collaborations with Eric Clapton, Ben Harper, Billy Gibbons, Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Dr. John, Leslie West, Brian Setzer and Joe Bonamassa. The album is expected to be released Sept. 2 on Megaforce Records.

An active performer right up until his death, Winter was on an extensive tour that had taken him to Europe. He died in his hotel four days after performing at the Lovely Days Festival in Wiesen, Austria.
  4. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    He is missed ... the chain in the link is one link shorter.
  5. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Jimmy Vaughan; "Six Strings Down/Heaven Done Called Another Blues Singer Back Home". RIP: Johnny Winter

6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Soul,

One more from Johnny ...

• Like Like x 2
  7. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    :guinness:

The guy was just a monster Texas Blues player. Man he can make that old Firebird he plays sing. He lived a hard life and it looks like it may have finally caught up with him. Sad day for blues fans all over.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Heh ! Yep that was the Gibson Firebird alright ...

almost his trademark, he played that more then any other guitar.

Everybody else was using Strats,Telecasters,Les Paul's,SG's,

Johnhny just stuck with the Firebird.
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Who can forget this great stuff delievered by E-Mail during the off season ?

(WESTERN UNION HEAD OFFICE)has finalize all the necessary arrangement and your
    fund ($4.8usd)has been approve by the border directors of Intl,remittance
    citibank,you will be receiving $5000 per day.furthermore our attorney will go
    to the inland revenue tax office to obtain a letter of administration tax
    clearance approval on your behalf from high court .the most important
    requirement that we need from you is your full current information and
    understood.
    your name ____
    your country ___
    your address___
    you`re Age /sex__
    Your occupation Direct Phone number__
    Your home Phone number__

mtcn167-280-6908)SENDERS
    FIRST NAME:Irianto
    SECOND NAME:Saptono
    TEST:WHEN
    ANS:TODAY
    Contact email:moneytransfer200@admin.in.th(+22968583648)

Wow ! With all of my past holdings which should be worth about 1.2 Billion

by now ... I think I just buy THE CHICAGO BEARS !
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Geez, you lucky man. The Nigerian's really like you. Whenever I get these I always fill in the name of the Colorado Atty. General so he can put the money in his campaign fund. I hate being rich. Too many problems with hangers on. :lol 027:
  11. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    I will name my yacht: THE CHICAGO BARE,

Moi and nothing but naked ladies onboard.
  12. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Packer women ... elegance ... crystal ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß

I was gonna give you a Bear Down until I saw that you're gonna keep the naked ladies all to yourself.

Elitist snob! :moon:
  14. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    They are way too skinny to be packer fans.

[​IMG]
  15. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Now I'm gonna be sick. :10 2 10[1]:
  16. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +704 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    316ß
    One of my all-time favorite songs and albums. I wore out the vinyl on this one and had to replace it. The songs just before and just after on this album were awesome as well. ("It's all over now" and "Sweet Papa John")
  17. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Here ya go shark86x, best I could find ...

18. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    At least one Las Vegas sports book is bullish on the Green Bay Packers in 2014.

Bovada released its updated team prop bet lines this week and put the over/under on the Pack’s win total this season at 10½.

The Packers focused on retooling the defense after winning the NFC North last season with an 8-7-1 record despite being without quarterback Aaron Rodgers for seven games because of a broken collarbone.

But the San Francisco 49ers and their running attack have ended Green Bay’s playoff runs each of the last two seasons.

The Packers drafted Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in the first round and signed former Chicago Bears defensive end Julius Peppers to play a position defensive coordinator Dom Capers is calling “the elephant.”

“An elephant for us could maybe be in certain schemes an outside backer,” Capers told the Associated Press. “He could be a defensive end in other schemes. When you have a number of different schemes, you could see a number of different elephants on the field in different spots based off what those schemes are.”

Most Packer fans won’t care where the elephant plays, just so long as opposing ball carriers get tackled before they are 20 yards down field.

Former All-Pro linebacker Clay Matthews is hoping for a return to form, still rehabilitating after having surgery on an injured thumb that bothered him for much of last season.

Bovada pegged the rest of the NFC North this way:

Chicago Bears over/under 8½,

Detroit Lions over/under 8½,

Minnesota Vikings over/under 6.
  19. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Johnny Winter was just a plain old fashioned kick ass Texas Blues player. He'll be missed.

I've been doing a funkier Dr. John style version of "It's All Over Now" for years whenever I've played with the keyboard player I've played with off and on since the late '80s. More of a NOLA feel to that one. Great song.

Thanks for posting these guys. Johnny's looking down smiling.
  20. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    by Dan Dahlke
    The Green Bay Packers 2014 training camp is officially underway, which marks the beginning of a new season.

It’s easy to overreact to reports out of camp, especially so early on, but there are still plenty of things we can take as hints or clues as to what the Packers think about their players and position depth chart.

Here are some of the top things we took away from day one of training camp.

Packers Front Seven Already Hit Hard by Injuries

The Packers already have several players on the injury list to start camp.

Outside linebackers Mike Neal and Nick Perry were both placed on the Packers P.U.P. list yesterday because they failed their physicals due to injury.

To make things even more complicated at outside linebacker, Clay Matthews is still dealing with a thumb injury he sustained last year and will wear a brace throughout camp.

Matthews still practiced and lined up opposite Julius Peppers as the starting outside linebackers.

Letroy Guion and Jerel Worthy’s injuries were unexpected and could hurt their chances of making the roster. With both veterans out, it will give a second-year man Datone Jones a chances to start at end and may allow rookie third-round pick Khyri Thornton to move up the depth chart and see more playing time in camp.

It’s unclear when Guion and Worthy will return, but with Worthy spending the majority of the last two years injured, he needs to get healthy and be back on the field.

The Packers have made it clear on day one of camp that they will use Peppers and Matthews in various ways to throw offenses off guard.

Coach McCarthy believes the combination of both players will bring a unique dynamic to their defense and make it difficult for an offense to know exactly where either Clay or Peppers are rushing from on any given play.

The versatility of both Matthews and Peppers give the Packers a lot of options on defense.