Thoughts and news on the defense

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Oct 11, 2013.

1. BearsWin

BearsWin Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Maybe Okoye can make a comeback like Jacobs did for the Giants

2. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,564 / 0 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    720ß
    We would have Mario but wouldn't have the money for Bushrod, the unicorn,Slaussen,etc. Mario hasn't exacfly lit them up over in Buffalo either.

3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    I agree. I was just saying, reports were that he was in the "reasonable" range until Buffalo threw all their money at him. There's also no way anyone could live up to his contract, so I don't feel too bad for Buffalo.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,156 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,525ß
    Sox, he might not have scared them, but w/Bostic they will actually be actively looking for shots over the middle and seems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    CornWash has been on the inactive list for last two weeks. I have been searching everywhere to learn why. As far as I know, he is not injured or being disciplined, So do the Bears coaches think he could play any worse than McClellin? Really? CornWash is bigger, faster, and much stronger than McClellin. Teams are going to study that Giants game with Jacobs running by McClellin for 105 yards. Are they just too proud to admit they made a draft mistake and move on? I hear this "next man up" bullshit from them. CornWash is next man up,and they have him on the inactive list while McClellin continues to languish.

6. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    833ß
    Can't say that I disagree. Shea got creamed over and over yesterday, including by the TE. He's not the only culprit but its no secret that teams are running at the right side for big gains and that Dwyer/Jacobs had "comeback" games against us. Shea needs to be on the bench for all but obvious passing downs. Bass has looked better than Shea on far fewer opportunities.

8. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,364ß
    If this issue is not addressed before the Packers game, I will vote the deflated football to Tucker.

9. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    359ß
    I like Shea's hustle on the field. He is everywhere, but the offensive line man handles him at DE. He needs another postion.

10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    833ß
    Unfortunately the people being paid to recognize this stuff (front office, coaches) have stubbornly insisted upon playing him out of position for the 2nd season now. I feel bad for the kid. His natural playing weight is about 245. There's no way he can match up strength/weight-wise with 310+ lb OLs. He gets swallowed up and owned in tight quarters and blocked into oblivion. He needs to be a LB where his speed and motor can be utilized and that's obvious to everyone.

Too late for this year. That could/should have been transitioned in the offseason when he could have started learning coverage in OTAs and camp. Dumb....

• Like Like x 1