Thoughts around the league

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by Henry Burris, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    (PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO ANOTHER GARBAGE "SH*T TALKING" THREAD. THERE ARE PLENTY OF THOSE, ALREADY)

[​IMG]Adam SchefterVerified account‏@AdamSchefter
    Bucs have made the move: Benching Josh Freeman for Mike Glennon, per league source.
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,589 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    943ß
    #Packersuck

Heard this from many sources in the league.
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    Don't get these idiots started, Jimmors.
  4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    Christian Ponder is likely out against the Steelers.

I'm hoping the Vikes win this one, just to get a false sense of Cassell being a solution at QB. More often than not, once a QB wins the job from the other, it stays that way for most of the season.

Dave Dameshek has some sensible (and some horrible) trade ideas. Josh Gordon to Detroit would be a scary prospect for a borderline team.

Sports Illustrated goes into detail about why the Bears have (mainly) moved away from the Cover-2, and why it's dying.

Very good read, and it's pretty cool that the Bears are willing to blitz so much. Granted, it's showing to be a necessity, but this defense has always needed some diversity in playcalling.

Yardbarker suggests trading Adrian Peterson.

I think their trade idea is stupid, but if they could get 2 of the top picks (let's face it, they're going to draft in the top 10), and a decent RB out of the deal (in this case, Doug Martin), then they could get their "Franchise QB" and possibly Jadveon Clowney, who is being viewed as a once in a decade prospect, ala Andrew Luck. I would honestly do it if I were the Vikes, because this could be their revenge for the Hershel Walker trade.
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    Apparently the 49ers have 10 pro bowlers inactive. Fuggin' crazy.
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +704 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    I believe the cover 2 is is getting stodgy and that was one of reasons we could never stop the good QB's in the real games that counted last year.

On the Peterson trade if they could do a reverse Herschel Walker trade that could make sense. Do like Dallas did that year with those picks build a team it does help when one of those picks also included a guy named Troy Aikman.
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    All signs are pointing to Greg Schiano having released Josh Freeman's drug test. Needless to say, the NFLPA is PISSED. If it turns out Schiano released this info to justify benching him, I hope his ass is out of the league within weeks, rather than at the end of the year.
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,506ß

My sources have confirmed your sources, unless our sources are the same, then that would just be the same source... but my sources say they aren't.
  9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    Seriously, don't encourage retards with shit posting. You wanna do that, do it elsewhere. There's tons of rah-rah threads around here.

Back to the news:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9752860/josh-freeman-pressuring-tampa-bay-buccanners-cut

Josh Freeman wants OUT of TB now. That coach is screwing him pretty badly, and dude needs a change of scenery. I think backing up Pryor in Oakland would be a good fit, since he's a bit banged up, and Flynn is either injured or not good enough to beat a guy with NO NFL experience.
  10. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Freeman sucks. Nothing wrong with what Schiano did. Unless you're a little bitch as fan.

I remember when Ditka went public that Stan Thomas couldn't play and that he needed to be off the roster...

People today just forget how the NFL used to be.

Freeman is a lying sack of shit. I'm glad Schiano or whomever outed that Pinocchio.

When I got to the pharmacy, they don't give me the wrong prescription...
  11. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +704 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    What was this thread about? Forgot to take my ritalin.

I agree Oakland would make the most sense for him. It would also give great access to some good ganja with his medical disability.
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    "Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik has made calls to about one-third of the teams in the NFL to determine whether there is interest in trading for Freeman, and the Buccaneers will have contacted every team by the end of the day, according to sources. Interest has been described as being mild."

That's what you get for having an idiot head coach leak out confidential information (which is illegal), to damage the guy's reputation, and then try to trade him. The Bucs front office is none too bright.
  13. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    The spread for Jags at Broncos is 27.5 points! I think that is the biggest spread I have ever seen-- ever.
  14. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    Freeman's in Minnesota. This at least gives them another shot at QB, once Cassell fails.

Did anybody catch the Jets game last night? Geno was on point. I think the Jets may have finally found a long term solution at QB, without wasting picks to trade up for one.
  15. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,327 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,506ß
    Yep, their OC is callling plays that Geno is comfortable with and it's going a long way to help him.
  16. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    That furthers the argument you've had, that drafting a backup should be what happens next year. The "veteran backup" isn't going to be as common in the NFL, especially with guys like Russell Wilson, Geno Smith, Kirk Cousins and that 6th rounder from Houston. When Green Bay had Flynn start 2 games, he was hot ****, Made 14.5 million from both the Seahawks and the Raiders, only to be usurped because they got the type of mobile QB's that are thriving in the NFL right now.
  17. DavidL

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    Packers/Ravens game was frustrating for a Bears fan to watch. Ravens lost by 2 points and threw away 6 points with dumb play calling in first half. The unbelievable play was a 63-yd. pass on 4th-and-27 by Ravens and then TD on next play to cut the Packers lead to 2 points with a little over 2 minutes in 4th. Unfortunately, the defense could not hold and Packers ran out the clock.

Packers lost Jones and Cobb for the game.
  18. DavidL

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    Dalton gets sacked in end zone for safety in overtime .Game over. Call it a "walk-off safety." Don't expect to see that again.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    There have only been 3 in NFL history.
  20. DavidL

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    Well, the 8-1 Seahawks needed overtime to beat the 0-8 Bucs in Seattle. That would have been a bigger upset than.....than....wait.