Thursday Night NY Giants Game?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JPosh2012, Oct 6, 2013.

1. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +871 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    866ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Jay Cutler this year is >>> than Eli Manning.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Most anyone playing QB is better than Eli this year.

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,451 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,039ß
    I agree this has been the case so far, but let's just hope this holds true tonight. I hope "Bad Jay" is under lock and key in a padded cell somewhere in the Halas Hall basement - and "Good Jay" comes to play tonight. In fact, I hope they keep the "Bad Jay" locked up for the remainder of the year.

4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    "Bad Jay" just needs to know when to dump the ball off, not hold on to it too quickly, and to slide every once in a while.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    Basically, the offensive problems boil down to:

Trestman needs to balance the gameplan out, and quit running up the middle so damn much.

Even though Trestman's calling a lot of passing plays, Jay needs to use first and second downs more for gaining yardage, rather than another first down. He's doing it a lot better this year, but these last two games could be foreboding.

6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,451 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,039ß
    Jay has a good opportunity tonight. He can help out our defense by doing just what you suggest. By protecting the football, he won't put our defense in a hole. This defense needs every bit of help the offense can give it.

That ^^^ sounds so weird when I read it. It used to always be our offense that needed the defense to help. This year it's the other way around. I would LOVE to see Jay use this opportunity to have a solid game. If we get the run game going too, that would be incredibly good also. Eat up the clock, move the chains, protect the football & give the defense a boost. I'm really excited about this game. It's an opportunity for this team to take a nice step forward (in spite of our DL issues).

Can't wait to see how Trestman has the team ready tonight, and see what adjustments he's made.