Tillman may be finished in Chicago.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 12, 2013.

?

Should we bring back Peanut next year?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Only under these conditions (let us know what they are)

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I hope the Bears can find a way to bring him back in '14 without breaking the bank. I believe he can be a solid CB for one more season. We could sure use him next season.

[​IMG]

2. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

Yes, we should try to bring back, but only if he doesn't ask too much $$$.

Looks like we'll have to draft his replacement after all.

3. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

He would just be another Julius Peppers.

4. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Could be - hope it isn't.

5. short faced bear

short faced bear
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

So we needed a POLL to bring Peanut back if healthy? I don't think he's going to "break the bank".

• Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Every player is different, so you judge each one individually.

7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

He's going to be pretty old for a CB next year (he turns 33 this winter). Some positions can be played into the mid to late 30's. But the CB position is not an easy position to play at as an old guy. Money is an issue too. He's making $8-mil this season. Will an old CB, who's already lost a step, be worth that kind of money next year? Every old player drops off the cliff at some point in their career, and Peanut is no exception - so do you roll the dice?

I think you bring him back if he'll play for an incentive based contract. But an argument could be made to not sign him too. It's not all black-and-white here, IMHO.

8. tbear1

tbear1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I think Emery will offer him a ST contract at a price he feels is appropriate. It may end up like Urlacher, but clearly Peanut will not be making $8M in Chicago next year.

9. short faced bear

short faced bear
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

I would really like to see the candidate that's going to cover the likes of Megatron, Fitz, and the rest. Has he lost a step? Perhaps. If the D comes back healthy and Tucker improves as DC do you really let a turnover machine like that go? Like Sox has said he could get a really nice incentive laid deal. He won't make 8 mil and it's doubtful he'll drop off a cliff production wise like Pep has unless there is some other hidden injury we're not privy to.

Getting a new safety, the D coming back from injuries, and better scheming would most likely have Peanut looking relatively like his old self.

10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Rule #1: This game is all about the business everyone and I mean everyone is expendable. Welcome to the NFL. Would I like them to keep Peanut YES YES and YES!!! BUT the price must be right because it's a business that sucks because loyalty goes right out the door. As soon as they accepted money to play a sport loyalty went out the door. That's the way it is I don't make the rules but if you want to win in a cut throat business what you get for your money is what it all boils down too. I like Pep but he's way too expensive to keep his contract is not loyal to the development of this team he must go so will Hester. Loyalty is nice in College but in the pros and Walmart what's the best quality product I can get cheap will be purchased. That's the name of the game and these NFL players are starting to get a little slap in the face from life with supply and demand. These young kids coming out can play for cheaper and healthier.