Tillman may be finished in Chicago.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 12, 2013.

?

Should we bring back Peanut next year?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Only under these conditions (let us know what they are)

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    83ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Hard question, he has become more and more of an injurie prone but he is still a really good CB so I'd bring him back if he doesn't ask for too much.

Still we have to draft a CB there is no doubt about it. Question is just if we'll draft a starter or a backup who can start when Peanut gets injuried.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    83ß
    Hard question, he has become more and more of an injurie prone but he is still a really good CB so I'd bring him back if he doesn't ask for too much.

Still we have to draft a CB there is no doubt about it. Question is just if we'll draft a starter or a backup who can start when Peanut gets injuried.

3. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +418 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    221ß
    Drafting a starter for CB in the NFL is not as easy as getting a RB or even a safety. There have been only a few that really have made an impact in thier first season. Hope we can get Peanut back and land his replacement in the draft.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,424 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,909ß
    So you draft one and get another in FA via 1 or 2 year contract ala DJ and Anderson.

5. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,230 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,105ß
    Loyalty in this day and age it hard to find.

However, I think the Bears need to remain loyal to Peanut. Hell, I'm on the fence on whether he deserves his number retired.

While he isn't a burner like some of the big name players, we've asked him to cover elite receivers his whole career. People forget the Randy Moss days?
    We've always matched him up with top receivers. Yeah he's not a burner, but remember he's been consistent. How much safety help does he get? Not every screw up is his fault. He needs safety support too.

So IMO, keep him on, I don't think he wants big money.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    126ß
    Well most of us want Tillman back next year, now all we can do is hope 1. that a deal gets done. 2. Tillman can still play like the top player he has been.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,444 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,024ß
    This is on ESPN this morning. Even after the season ending injury, they have Peanut as a top-10 CB in the NFL. They have him rated as the best tackling CB in the NFL, and 6th best overall CB in the NFL. It's an "Insider" article so I can't post it all here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +418 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    221ß
    The thing about a tricep injury is that he should not effect his ability to rehab his knee. Hoping that he can recover from both and come back next year as healthy as he can possibly be.

• Like Like x 1
  9. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,034 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    796ß
    One year deal, or maybe two, incentive-laden, so he can mentor his replacement. The man is still THE MAN. I want to see more Peanut Punches.

10. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +673 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    466ß
    I selected the yes with the right condition. I think bringing peanut back should be up there in priority for Emery. 8 mil tho cannot be done with our current state imo. I think a nice incentive based contract would be the best case scenario. Peanut is at the end of his career, hes lived/played here in Chicago for quite a while now so maybe we can get a mutually beneficial deal done.

He does provide lots of turnovers but guarding Megatron twice a year is where he really has value. Without him it would prolly be left to Frey to do that because I don't think Jennings is big enough to compete with those extremely talented 6'4+ guys out there now.