Tillman out again, Marshall limited

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Sep 19, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,074 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,361ß
    September 19, 2013 4:15:54 PM PDT
    By Michael C. Wright

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears held out cornerback Charles Tillman on Thursday for the second-consecutive day of practice leading into Sunday’s matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the team sat down receiver Brandon Marshall towards the end of the workout after he suffered tightness in his back.

“Brandon had a very good practice,” Bears coach Marc Trestman said. “Then, at about the middle to late practice (he) tightened up a little bit. Just to be cautious, we pulled him out of practice. He walked around and moved around. We’ll just be cautious and we’ll have him limited tomorrow.”

Having dealt with hip issues early on stemming from his third arthroscopic knee surgery, Marshall hasn’t had any issues with his back up to this point. Marshall’s back tightness isn’t expected to affect his availability for Sunday’s matchup at Heinz Field.

Tillman spent most of the workout on Thursday with the team’s athletic trainers doing conditioning work, according to Trestman, who said the cornerback took part in walk-throughs near the end of the sessions.

“We worked actively with the trainers,” Trestman said. “He was limited.”

In other injury news, the Bears listed tight end Martellus Bennett (shoulder) and guard Kyle Long (back) as having participated fully at practice. For the Steelers, running back Le'Veon Bell (foot), cornerback Curtis Brown (illness) and defensive end Brett Keisel (calf) participated fully, as did defensive tackle Steve McLendon (hamstring), and tight end Heath Miller (knee).

Pittsburgh cornerback Cortez Allen (ankle) did not practice, and linebacker Jarvis Jones (heel) participated in a limited capacity.
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,357ß
    I didn't know Long had a back issue. I hope it's really minor. Back problems are especially bad for an OL.
  3. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    65ß
    In case it's serious which I don't hope and don't assume then it would almost confirm the fact that Bears are having a draft curse.. Don't draft first round olinemens..

Hopefully they'll all be fresh and ready for Steelers because we need them.. This is where an early bye would have been nice lol.
  4. draw2anderson35

draw2anderson35 Veteran

Ratings:
    +97 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I noticed on Cutty's sack/fumble that got returned that Kyle Long took a bad step or something and went crashing to the ground. Looked like he was grabbing for his leg, but maybe it compressed his back wrong even.
  5. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +679 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    476ß
    I suffered leg cramps last night after putting in a 13 hour day at work.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    eat a banana,works for cramp my friend
  7. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think some of these "injury's' are being exaggerated...
  8. JoeBlow

JoeBlow Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    For what reason?
    I doubt if there are more than a few guys on the whole TEAM that aren't dealing with some injury.
    Highly unlikely that anyone in pro football is exaggerating injuries............................
  9. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Maybe Marsh may see limited action opening the door more for Earl a little and maybe Wilson hmmm

What strange new things we may see tomorrow night..
  10. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Do you really need to ask ?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL...and no player has faked an injury to slow a Offence down either ..
  12. dabears70

dabears70 Veteran

Ratings:
    +62 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    Out of all that, that's what got my attention the most also.
  13. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    93ß
    I agree with your sentiment, especially with our history of first round OL. In this case however, I don't think there is anything major. He doesn't have any injury history, and it may very well stem from that fumble return against the Vikes, where he pulled up and fell while chasing Robison. He doesn't seem like the kind of player who is fragile.
  14. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    If Peanut doesn't play tomorrow night i hope Bowman has a good game and not make to many mistakes, i'm sure the steelers will throw plenty passes Bowman's way and not so much Tim Jennings side.
  15. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,357ß
    We really need Tillman to be able to play, and play well in this game. If he can't play, or is seriously gimpy on that knee, then that is huge. Peanut is one of about 4 players on this team we can't replace very easily. Bowman is his replacement. He's a big step down from Peanut.
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,561 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    571ß
    The good news is Pittsburgh's lost any serious big play receiver. Honestly, the offense looks like it's worse than the 2010 Bears, and that's saying something. As long as Heath Miller isn't used as a safety valve in case the pass rush isn't getting there quick enough, I honestly see a smothering.
  18. JoeBlow

JoeBlow Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    yes. that's why I did.
  19. JoeBlow

JoeBlow Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    There a perfectly clear reason WHY they fake an injury, to gain time. Not quite the same thing. ;)
    Not like a PRO team is going to believe a player is injured and alter their game plan and then DOH, he DOES play. No.
    Any deceptions have to do with making a player seems LESS injured and MORE Likely to play so a team doens't attack the position (Tillman) that they KNOW is going to be out.
    Football is a brutal game and if you only have 1 injury at a time you are doing pretty well.
    At this level the difference between guys that stick and guys that don't is WHO can play through pain, cuz it's always going to be there. The non-star guys that stick in this league are the toughest SOB's around. They don't exaggerate their injuries, it's a MACHO thing at this level.
    Sorry if I assumed you would know such things.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013