Tillman Thread...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Ski-Whiz, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +962 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    524ß
    There really isn't much to talk about, but honestly, the emotions that Peanut showed on the sidelines after his injury solidify my belief that he LOVES this game.

I don't know if that was his last game ever, but I'm pulling for him! He is without a doubt my favority Bears. He's the closet person I can think of that displays the same attitude and heart that Walter Payton did.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let's just hope that the Bears find a way to remember Tillman... this dude is still on special teams!! He's done everything they have asked for.

What else could you want in a player? This guy battled Randy Moss at his peak all game long. Twice a year.

He is without a doubt the most under rated CB in the league.
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,890 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,199ß
    If we continue to play well, I hope that they find a way to either keep him or bring him back for finals (assuming he can play). Getting a ring has been and still is a longshot, but what a great gift to be able to give him...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    They were talking to Zaidman (maybe Biggs) who saw what happened on the sidelines.

He looked like he knew what it was, when the doctor confirmed, he put his head back, screamed and pounded the bench with his good arm. Briggs came to console him.

I hate to say it, but that might he all for him.

Great player, even better man.
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 2
  4. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    Zaidman said only way they can is to keep him on the 53 man. No IR, no injury settlement.
  5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,890 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,199ß
    They may not have that luxury. He could be cut and then resigned I suppose.
  6. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    Not from what Zaidman said
  7. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    62ß
    We all knew it was bound to happen or at least I was expecting him to miss games this season. It's a bloody shame it happened so early in the season and then a season ending injury..
    Not only did he face Randy Moss, he have also shut down Megatron.. underrated as fuck.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    This is a damn shame

@ZachZaidman: RT @caplannfl: The #Bears are planning on placing starting CB Charles Tillman (triceps) on season-ending injured reserve, a source said.
  9. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    So sad.....a great career could be and quite possibly over with such a little meaning less play, shows that it really could have happened anytime...So I guess he can help coach Fuller more closely now? Damn....Does this mean Briggs is next?
  10. BossK

BossK Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    I feel for Tillman. I was hoping that it wouldn't be season/career ending.

Thank you for all the years Peanut!!
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,692 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,207ß
    He'll be 34 years old next season. Do you think he might still help us if he came back next season, or not?
  12. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    He's done. Sadly. This was supposed to be his send off.... unfortunately, it lasted about a game and a half
  13. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +916 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    923ß
    Sure. Charles Woodson is 37 and still playing.

Peanut will sign a cap friendly deal next season and come back for one last ride. Mark my words. :thumb:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    Charles Tillman
    @peanuttillman
    · 1h

I know this isn't the news we all wanted to hear but as they say, stuff happens. I'm truly blessed to have so much support from you all.
  15. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    870ß
    Hopefully they can find a place for him in the organization and hopefully he will be inclined to accept it. He always stayed out of trouble and silently worked behind the scenes for his foundation. He would be great to tutor Fuller for years to come and I suspect we will draft another CB next year to fill the Nickel role and eventually replace Jennings who is 30 I believe. Tillman would be an awesome DB coach with Hoke, not sure what his title could be but sure would like to see him stick around.

The play he was injured on did not even look like anything, he shoved an opposing player from trying to block from what I saw. Maybe its just one of those injuries that does not heal and requires staples or something to re-attach. Does not seem that common so not sure how much history exists on this.. Anyway Peanut gave us a good run and many great memories. He did shut down some of the best in his time Moss and Megatron to name a few, he may not have lead the league in interceptions but the "Peanut Punch" in recent years probably resulted in more turnovers than the so called ball hawking CB's. Along the way he would always get his share of picks as well, just a sad ending to a great career. Hats off to Peanut.
  16. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,051 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,293ß
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. RoSto89

RoSto89 Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    44ß
    It would be cool if he could come back. Its not as if he doesn't contribute on STs, he could be depth. That's just wishful thinking though. I doubt Emery would bring him back as he wants to make the team younger, nor do I think Tillman would accept a much reduced role.
  18. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    I tip my hat to him. He is an honorable man and someone you can hope your kids emulate.

Life doesn't end with football though. He has more than half his life in front of him. I'm expecting big things.
  19. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +483 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    If we have seen the last of Peanut wearing a navy blue helmet, then I hope its the start of watching him wear a navy blue polo and baseball cap. IMO he has the rare combo of a great player but also such a high quality person to succeed as a coach, that is if he would want to. I think he would be an excellent mentor to our young corners and someone that you truly want around your organization.

It would be truly awesome to find a way to keep him around the Bears even if his days as a player is over. If that's the case (and nobody knows for sure) then its been a pleasure and honor to get to witness his career as a Bear. Although you never want to see such a storied career of such a great guy end on an injury, it's almost fitting that this warrior went out on his shield so to speak. If that doesn't personify leaving it all out on the field and giving everything you have to a team and fanbase, then I don't know what is.
  20. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +916 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    923ß
    He is one of the best and definitely the most underrated cornerback in the NFL. He didn't have to proclaim himself the best and make stupid headlines, he just did his thing.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2