To date camp notes

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Jul 29, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,697ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    did I miss anything Mr. D? o_O

2. Mr. Deliverance

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ric I have to laugh a little when I see a Hub Arkush posting. That joker is a trip. BUT I am very excited to hear that he's reporting a fast pace camp. I like that style. Get these guys playing FAST!

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,697ß
    I actually like Hub, and Zach Z don't sugar coat anything. Some might think they're to rough, but I'd rather they be harsh then soft on the team.

imo I think Hub is pretty fair. The last few years he's been stating the team would only go as far as the OL would take them, and has been proven right.

• Like Like x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,697ß
    Bears Training-Camp Notebook: July 29
    While the offense got off to a hot start, the defensive backs made big plays in the second padded practice.
    By KEVIN FISHBAIN - kfishbain@shawmedia.com - Monday, July 29, 2013 4:33 p.m. CDT
    BOURBONNAIS — The injuries were obviously the main story during Monday's practice, but there were still some noteworthy plays on the field on both sides of the ball. Here are some highlights from the team's second padded practice before a day off on Tuesday.
    Hot Start: Jay Cutler’s first pass of the three opening practices have gone like this: interception, interception, incomplete pass. On Monday, he opened with a screen pass to Matt Forte for big yards. On the next play, Cutler found wide receiver Joe Anderson, who made a touchdown grab in between corners Tim Jennings and Major Wright. “As far as the practice went today, the offense really jumpstarted. We had a competitive two-minute period to start it. We had two explosive plays and scored on the second play,” Trestman said.
    Anderson Taking Advantage: During minicamp, Joe Anderson got plenty of attention, as he got extra snaps because of injuries to Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery. He has had a solid training camp thus far, and stepped up with Marshall taking the day off. "He's had a good camp. He's shown strong hands," said Trestman. "He's shown the ability to get open in tight coverage and he's coming out every day to compete and he brings added value because he's a good special teams player, as well."
    Broken Up: The offense may have had the early upper hand, but the defensive backs scored several pass break ups throughout practice, led by none other than Charles Tillman, who forced three incomplete passes by getting his hands on the ball. Tillman is one of, if not the best in the league at making a play on the ball and he put on a clinic on Monday. Chris Conte and Major Wright each had diving passes defensed and Isaiah Frey also broke up a pass. Frey has had a nice camp, though we'll need to see more from him in game play, as his work is coming against the backups. Kelvin Hayden got a big roar from the crowd when he ripped the ball out of Matt Forte’s hands.
    Dump-Offs in Style: We know the running backs figure to be big parts of the passing game, which should play right into Forte's skill set. On Monday, several offensive plays resulted in a swing pass to a running back. Whether it was a check-down or by-design, the quarterbacks are using that outlet to gain yards.

http://www.hubarkush.com/2013/07/29/bears-training-camp-notebook-july-29/a788vrt/

I've been high on Joe Anderson, good to see he's still impressing. Wilson has had a good camp from what I've read also, but I heard he's still to weak in the upper body to really make an impact during games this year. So It sounds like the team has some solid depth at WR this year and in the near future.

5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,254ß
    I'm assuming Washington will make the team as the 4th DE now that McBride is done.
    Who's gonna be the 4th DT?

6. motownbear

motownbear derp daderp daderpidity derp

ßearz ßuckz:
    didnt they sign that ex falcons first rounder I believe anderson?

7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,254ß
    I think so. Is he gonna make the team or another hopeless bust past his time? Minter have a chance?

8. motownbear

motownbear derp daderp daderpidity derp

ßearz ßuckz:
    Im sure Paea, Melton, Collins are guaranteed locks other then that any of those bodies have a chance

9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,337ß
    How did Scott do in replacing Bushrod? I'm not a very big fan of his. Wish they hadn't pulled Carimi so fast. I keep reading good things about him. I wonder if Long is going to be able to get better enough to crack the starting lineup. I'd like to see him get time, but not at the expense of allowing us to break protection. He may just have to sit it out for a year. Glad to read Paea finally doing well. And you say Shea is actually making an impression?! The hell you say!

I really would love to know what we have in Blanchard. I hope we have a real backup in him soon.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,697ß
    BiH, the right side of the line was not impressive, and it from what little I heard Scott didn't help when it came to taking snaps at LT. But I'm kinda waiting to hear how it goes today.

Long has looked really good in 1x1 drills looking like a man amoungst boys, but has looked very weak in 7x7 and 11x11 as those boys get right buy him. He's got a lot of raw work to do, and it sounds(at least to me) that their plans are for...probably next year...the LG to be Brown(who is taking all 1st team snaps from the start of practices at RG) but then moves to LG w/the 2nd teams when Long gets reps w/the first team at RG. Meanwhile when Brown is in at RG w/the starters Long is playing RG w/the 2nd and 3rd team.

(long confusing ramble shortend)Seems Long is going to be the RG and Brown the LG in the future.