Tonight's game is huge for some of the guys on the bubble.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 14, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,354 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    I'm pretty excited about tonight's game. This is one of the last BIG opportunities for some guys on the bubble to impress the coaches. Next week the starters will play a lot, and it won't leave as much time for the guys struggling to make the roster. The 4th preseason game will be the depth guys playing a lot, but tonight's game is still a huge one for them.

We also have a number of higher-tier guys who didn't play very well last week. Tonight's their shot at redeeming themselves.

I'm pretty excited to see how it all goes tonight. How many of you guys are planning on being in the chat forum tonight during the game? I plan on being there again. I enjoyed it a lot last game.
  2. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +610 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    209ß
    everybody says preseason games were dull and boring? Well, since Lovie's been gone they haven't been.

No Country Club for Old Men.
    Emery's Heroes.
    Voyage of the Black Unicorn.
    Destination Glendale.
    Captain Garza: The Winter Soldier Field.
    The Punting Grounds.
    Peanuts: It's the Fudge Packers, Charlie Tillman
    The Boggs Creature
    Have You Heard About Josh Morgan?
    I'm Not Rappaport (Starring Brock Vereen)
    Every Which Way But Loose
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,835 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,516ß
    I don't think I'll be in the Chat room but I intend to spend more time watching players than I do the game itself. Provided I can get enough isolation on some of these guys this week I'm gonna try to take some notes about what I see instead of just depending on impressions and the few plays that stood out I can remember a day later.

You're right when you say that some of these guys need to step up and it's not just the guys on the bubble either. We had some top tier players that graded out very poorly last week on that defense. The guys I'll be watching big time are the young LBs. It high time these guys start playing ball like we're being told they can. It's either them or it's their failure to understand the system and their assignments but so far they don't look good.

One article is was reading made a comment I thought was pretty bold but on the money nonetheless. The writer said it's time to stop believing the "company line" about Shea McClellin and Herring's obviously reigned in comments about him. He has a lot to say about his athleticism, change of direction, speed, range, etc. in practice yet nothing about his productivity as a player and that's what's showing up on game day. He's a playmaker and he's not making plays.

It went on to say that they need to evaluate very soon whether or not he can become a 3 down LB who can defense the run and understand his coverage assignments or simply quit trying and make him into a pass rusher they can move around and use that way. I'm still on the fence about it much like the coaches but my patience with it is wearing thin at about the same time that I hear Herring saying we need to do just the opposite.

To me all that's saying is that he's not very good right now but we think we can make him better and I'm not sure they're right about that. I've supported McClellin ever since we drafted him but this kid is beginning to show his limitations as a pro. He's a downhill attacker and if that's the best they can get out of him either make a run and pass blitzer out of him like he was at BSU and accept that or move on.

We need a SLB now and a future MLB and if he's not the guy to play either of those positions then we need to find out it we have a guy who can or start looking for others.
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,537 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    723ß
    I didn't think Allen did very well last week.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    we could say he was invisible
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,537 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    723ß
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to call me out on that! I thought it would be JABF. You win.... What, I don't know..... but you win, LOL
    • Like Like x 4
  7. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    i just hope we can stop the run tonite, wanna see bortles sacked (welcome), a few good forte runs (oline?) and wilson make a monster hit
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +321 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    221ß
    I am hoping to see A LOT from Henry this week. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the guy's posts as much as...well as much as "the next guy"; I just hope he brings it tonight. Henry, you gotta start putting some positive stuff on film, my man. We are all pulling for you to make this team, but a witty post here and there ain't gonna cut it. I doubt Trestman and Emery even visit this board! Tucker might though! haha!
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,835 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,516ß
    I wanna see some :boobies2:
  10. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,537 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    723ß
    If I keep gaining weight, at this rate, I'll just send you a pic of me with my shirt off. Try not to eat anything first in case you have a hard time keeping food down...
  11. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,835 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,516ß
    :10 2 10[1]: :nonono:
  12. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,537 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    723ß
    hey... just trying to fulfill a mans dreams....
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    357ß
    This is the last chance for names familier since F.A. 2014.

Against N.E. and Seattle we have to have most of it in place.

Those on the bubble who get past this have 2 games left.

Then 1 game.

Then you made it or you take that walk down washout lane.

14. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    62ß
    One of my favorite movie of all time!!
  15. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,835 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,516ß

That's NOT any dream I would choose.. It's a nightmare and I'd rather have one where I decided to sell all my guitars and remarry my ex wife. That would only make me insane not ill. LOL