Too Soon To Judge Bears Defense?.......................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 20, 2014.

1. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    557ß
    I am eligible Bears coach but I haven't heard from Phil or Marc yet so here I pontificate my expertise to all you peons. You should feel honored and privileged to hear such profound greatness from I. (mom get me some more hot pockets)
    :36 1 42[1]:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,158ß
    I guess my stance is because I feel we should be seeing a better product than what we're seeing.

While I can analyze what I see, it's easier to say the offensive side is getting better, but the defensive isn't.

It's the law of averages. It only makes sense that the defense stands to look better. They have to. However, so far it's not really looking better.

I think everyone is seeing the same thing I am. It's certainly not us, but also other sports analysts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,899ß
    Lol!!! Post of the year!! And I feel blessed everyday to receive your knowledge!

4. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,899ß
    While I don't think the defense has looked "great" I think it has looked better. I guess it's just expectations, I never expected our defense to look great, just better, and to me it has. I was actually expecting our offense to look better than it has thus far to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,495ß
    This Seattle game is an opportunity for some players to showcase some improvement. I'd love to see Shea look like a real stud in this game. It would be against a quality opponent. I think it would help his self-confidence too. There are other players who could use a boost Friday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,995ß
    Hey, this should make Tucker happy. He lifted it from 31 to 30!

IMO... New season... new reason....
    don't care to hear about why. It needs to happen.

So some of this is poking fun at Tucker, but part of it is also serious. I don;t want to hear any more excuses --- justified or not. The D either gets respectable or I am going to get on the fire Tucker bandwagon pretty hard.

I'd say it needs to start showing by the 3rd or 4th game in the real season.

7. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    800ß
    This D is going to be a roller-coaster ride this whole season. The metric to judge Tucker will be his ability to make quick adjustments, conceal weaknesses, and exploit mismatches. I have no doubt that more than halfway through the season I will hear the "gel" excuse ad nauseam.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bearsinhouston

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,995ß
    conceal weaknesses?! Maybe he just needed a bigger tarp last year. His weaknesses were showing. that ability has not proven to be his strong suit.

9. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,662ß
    I still think its just to early to make any conclusions. I can understand everyone looking for the end of the tunnel but you will not see it til the first game against Buffalo. Once we see the end we will know better how much, if any we have improved, and how much further we got to go. Until then I agree with Butkus, its preseason and lots of new players to see how they react in different situations. In order to play to the strength of a player you have to know what the players strength are.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bearsinhouston

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,995ß
    BS, you have to take most of what I say tongue-in-cheek. Yes, I am not happy with what I see, but I am way more patient with it than I let on.

As I say 3rd or 4th game (even later than you say) is about where I expect to see what kind of product we are going to have. It can still change after that, but I don't huge change unless it would be downwards because of significant injuries.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1