Trade Down Scenario

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Mar 29, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,413 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,425ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Glad I got this board to set me straight. Could be dangerous out there in the real world where nobody knows shit.:4_17_208[1]:

2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +673 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    466ß

Its about the right fit over the skillset when you get out of the elite players. Donald fits the bill for what we need to a tee. A true 3tech that can be explosive and disruptive. Now there are others, but he clearly grades the highest and has the highest chance at initial success. If we don't get Donald the sky wont fall, there are other options such as Jernigan, Quarles and others.

3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,459 / 13 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,536ß
    I am not being a homer when I say that I really believe that it is going to be a while before we see another pick as high as #14. Phil is upgrading positions at a dizzying pace. When there is a weak area, it is weak for no more than a season. I think we will be competitive and our picks will be below the mid 20's. I think we can play with rounds 2-7 in terms of moving down, but I say we take this opportunity to take a real impact player at #14. God knows we need it.

4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,413 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,425ß
    I agree Donald is best 3 tech. coming into nfl. This does not mean he will be the best in 2 yrs. Trading back allows you to get 2 players of equal value to Donald in this draft and believe it to be a viable option. If there was not other players of equal value I would be more inclined to agree.

Mosley/ Quarles or Jernigan/ Quarles or Dix / Quarles or Pryor / Quarles. vs Donald / Skov or Donald / (no nose tackle) / or Donald / Ed Reynolds.
    The option with Donald just not as exciting to me as the option with Quarles and an additional pick in rd 2 and 3 . For all we know the Bears may not even like Donald the most. Like Mayock said if Jernigan is on the board the Bears should be sprinting to the podium. So if we pass on Donald and take Jernigan and come back and take Quarles we get a NT and 3 tech. I am sure there will be some unhappy fans here then but could be the plan as much as taking Donald is. You could trade back add picks and do the same thing. JMHO

5. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +545 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    590ß
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what any of us thinks about it. It is all up to Emery and what he and his staff have put together. I assume that we will have a significant upgrade at the 3 tech but as with Long we may be surprised.

6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +673 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    466ß
    I get what your saying. I'm not totally keyed in to Donald as some people are. I'm just keyed into a good 3 tech and day one player. I've kept away from Jernigan because I'm admitedly biased towards wanting him since he played at FSU but he and quarles could be "the guy" for all we know. Who knows how HH has them rated. Just want a good, disruptive 3 tech, if that guy is Donald..awesome, if not then I'm good with it. Late risers in the draft sometimes scare me since it's usually based off the combine. The comforting thing about Donald is his rise was via senior bowl where he dominated the top OL prospects. Still though, game tape should be the tell all be all. I can't speak to that because the only Pitt game I watched was FSU-Pitt and that entire defensive unit got ran over.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,442 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,938ß
    btw, I think 14-30 is a great place to be b/c while there is no elite stand out players, you also have very few, what will be considered busts. All these guys are solid players, you aren't going to NOT get a day 1 player at 14-30. Staying at 14 or dropping back is going to net you a guy that can play significant time day 1.

There are a TON of 3Tech guys in rounds 1-3 that are considered "explosive" and "disruptive" it's not Donald and no others, if that was the case he'd be a clear top 10, top ranked DT, which he isn't. That's not a knock on him. I'd be happy w/any of the DT's talked about Donald, Hagemen, Nix; I'd also be happy w/Ealy or Tuitt at DE, or Mosely at LB or Dennard/Gilbert at CB or Dix/Pryor at S. ANY of those guys are on the Bears in Sept and they are ALL going to play a lot and help the team day 1-yr 4.

8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,413 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,425ß
    Not so sure about Tuitt, especially at DE unless for 34 hybrid or DT. He is not a 43 DE

• Like Like x 1
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,442 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,938ß
    I like Tuitt as a "versatile" guy Someone that can move up and down the line and be part of the "confusing" DL. I'm still not 100% sold that this is going to be a straight 4-3 D scheme, Allen and Young might be great fits for that, but a guy like Houston paired w/a guy like Tuitt, followed w/a bigger DT(300+lbs) would make for something more hybridish.

Versatility length athletesism, those are things that Emery has started talking about.

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,453 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,040ß
    We won't have to trade down Ric. We can just trade Conte for 3 additional 1st round picks and draft 4 pro bowlers. I'd go DT, CB, S, S and all in the first round. Of course some here will want us to get 4 first rounders for Conte, but that's delusional. At best we'll get only 3 firsts, and a 2nd rounder. :-)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 1