Trade with Texans?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 6, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,279ß
    Huge hypothetical here (very unlikely to happen).. But from what I have read and heard, Texans want Manzell but do not feel he is worth the number one pick (nor is he). They don't want to trade down to get him and risk someone trading up to snag him in front of them.

Say Manzell drops to 14, would you support the Bears drafting Manzell and trading him to the Texans (along with other picks) to get Clowney?

What do you think they'd have to give up in addition to Manzell to get him?

Again, very unlikely this happens, but top rated QBs have fallen far in the draft before so it is possible.
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +910 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. little bear

Ratings:
    +910 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    If they really want Manziel, they should grow some balls, take a risk and pick him with the first overall.

With still so many holes to fill I would never trade up, especially for a player with character issues and bust potential. Our starting DL is already set, now we need just need depth.

What we really need right now is a safety, a linebacker and Tillman's future replacement.
  4. little bear

Ratings:
    +910 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    If we somehow managed to trade down and get additional picks, I wouldn't mind giving up a fourth or fifth-round pick for Washington's backup QB Kirk Cousins, though.

That way we wouldn't need to draft a QB.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,588 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    943ß
    It would cost us way too much to obtain Clowney from them, so this scenario is beyond ridiculous.

A more likely one would be if Manziel was still available @14, and the Texans traded UP (swapping some of their picks this year and next) to obtain the 14th pick from us, giving them Clowney AND Manziel, and us with some more picks this year and next.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    869ß
    I want two of whatever you got. :002::1064[1]::10 7 1[1]:
  7. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,279ß
    Okay, go down to the corner of 5th and 7th. Walk to the mailbox. Put an envelope containing 10K inside.

Reach under the mailbox, pickup the envelope that is taped to the underside. Give that envelope to the man in the long black trench coat. He will give you a key to a locker at the train station.

Go there, unlock the locker. You will find a bag containing two of what I got. But be warned. If the money is not in the mailbox, there is a device that will blow up 10 square feet, to cause as little damage as possible, but still getting the job done of eliminating you.

You will be watched by someone in contact with the man in the trench coat. All it takes is one word, and as soon as the locker is open, boom.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. matsellah

matsellah Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 7 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm the janitor at the train station. You forgot to lock the locker. We mailed it to the return address.
  9. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,595 / 17 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    712ß
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,179ß
    Looks to me like the skinny, funny looking guy on the left just did...
  11. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Is this johny football guy worth the risk?? It will be a circus and he is sjowing up at events with a super model already on his arm. I think this kid is going to end up in the CFL and then on the street. Now that is just a opinion of one guy, but that is the feeling I get.
  12. little bear

Ratings:
    +910 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    I've said it before, Manziel is Tebow 2.0. An extraordinary college career and a bust in the NFL.

Hopefully the Browns will select someone else or they're gonna be very disappointed. Their franchise deserve someone better.
  13. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    That is exactly the comparison I've used in my mind Little (or is it my Little mind). It's not an apples and oranges comparison because the circus that surrounds each spawns from a different theme, but its a circus none the less. I also believe Johnny will be show the "Welcome the the NFL kid" sign many times in the coming months. Ego's that large tend to scream out to be tamed, and it will.
  14. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    869ß
    Manzel can throw the ball though with some accuracy, compared to Tebow who could not throw a football with any kind of accuracy. Big difference, Manzel is prob a rd 2 or 3 QB in normal yrs but none of them are that great so teams will have to reach more than normal which usually leads to a bust.