TRADING PARTNER

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Mar 1, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,747ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    This might work. I read a separate article that they want Ha-Ha Dix also so they may have serious intent to upgrade position. The niners have numerous picks so they may separate with some of the picks

upload_2014-3-1_20-15-32.png
    http://ninernoise.com/2014/02/26/san-francisco-49ers-trade-mike-evans/

Below is bears and niners picks. Using trade value chart we give up 14 pick in yellow and get the blue from the niners. Works out even per trade value chart. We give up a lot from 14 to 30 but gain extra pick in rds 2 and 3 and 6th

upload_2014-3-1_20-17-37.png

the left below is no trade and rt is with trades using draftek simulator. Note I did not reset any of the criteria so its there basic.
    upload_2014-3-1_20-24-34.png

Attached Files:

2. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    123ß
    Thanks for sharing your thought's on a trade down. I believe SF is one of the only viable trades we can make.

3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    I don't believe I'd make that trade unless the three guys I had at the top of my board at #14 were all gone and as of today those guys are Donald, Gilbert, and Dixon FS or Pryor SS. I'm not a fan of Hageman at all. To me he's another workout warrior and athletic freak without the production to back it up. To many drafniks and gurus are hung up on that and not enough on his rather mediocre college career at a school where he could have been a standout player. I believe he's far more bust than boom. Another Jarron Gilbert.

Pass rush and Safety are huge needs and if the pass rusher is there I think you have to take him and if not then at least one of those DBs should be although again this is all contingent on how things break in FA. Emery isn't afraid to get bold and with Martellus on the team I wouldn't put it past him to take swing at Michael Bennett. I'd much rather have him than Hageman even at a much higher cost. If Biggsy is right about them being lukewarm about re-signing Wootton then to me Bennett would be the main reason.

4. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +404 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    331ß
    im not sure i would want to trade down, its rather easy to understand, lowers our chances to get the guy we want :) i would stay put and draft a real D playmaker

5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Well like Emery said at the Combine it's tough to trade down and get fair value and the hypothetical BSB did shows that. Instead of an impact player early what you end up with a fringe 1st rounders who don't really fit as well. I'm not one who believes we need so much help on defense that we have to overlook that impact player for more middle of the road guys. Filling the gaps that are needed with experienced vets who'll play for short money on one or two year deals can take care of a lot of needs and in the Bears case there are a number of their own FAs who fall into that category as well. Many of those guys were core players on a top 5 defense in 2012 and worth bringing back.

To me there's only three valid reasons to trade down;

1) Your top guy or guys are gone and the next up are not worth the pick.

2) The offer is so overwhelming (like Ditka trading his entire draft for Ricky Williams) that it's impossible to say no.

3) Your team is a bottom feeder, you have no cap room to sign FAs, and the draft is very deep.

Other than that I don't think you give up an impact player who can help you in favor of more picks when you're sitting between #10 and #20 in the picking order. To me that's where you find the bargains because of top ten teams drafting QBs, 3-4 OLBs and OTs based on need.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,327 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    718ß
    Another good trade partner in the first round is Miami (19). I believe they will be willing to move up (modestly) to get oline. I like the trade back to 19 much better than to 30. The tiers, in my mind, go 1-8, 9-21, 22-28, and then down quite a bit.

7. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,747ß
    It will come down to how they have rated the players and if they feel somebody they want that they do not believe other teams will take will be avail. I am not as high on Donald as many. I am leary of the combine and stick more with the end of season rankings. Donald was the 4th DT at the end of the season on the board and now after the combine he is Numero uno. I do not agree in my mind he is the work out warrior and the freak. We will see how Emery rates him I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,054 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,313ß
    not a bad consolation prize in the youth movement to end up w/2 1st round gradeable DL and 3 DB and 4 other players.

I'd still perfer a legit FS like Dix on our team, but the D just doesn't have enough players, and the whole team lacks depth minus the WR and OLB positions. FA could well change all that though.

9. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +879 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    187ß
    I would do this trade in a heartbeat, in a freakin heartbeat. I wouldn't necessarily do it in every draft, but given the dearth of underclassmen that have entered this year and the subsequent depth of talent, I think it's a no-brainer.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    A lot would depend on how the draft is playing out. Most years 1-2 teams reach big time early in the draft causing a player or two to drop that you just can't pass on or that player/players don't fill a need for you but other teams are willing to over pay for them. The main thing is picking the right guy when you're on the clock, whenever that ends up being.

I guess I'm more focused on FA. That will tell a lot about how the draft goes & it's only 9 days away!

• Like Like x 1