Trestman drops ball letting Cutler play so long

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 10, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

This pretty much says it all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11

Even after all that Jay threw a couple pass's in the endzone that should have been caught. If AJ hangs onto either its a different story line. Having said that Jay should have been out and its on the coach to make that call.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32

Regardless of what Cutler or any other player believes, the head coach has the final word regarding who plays and who doesn't. Hopefully Trestman learns something from this so he doesn't make the same mistake again.

Granted, Cutler did a decent job when he was out there, but once he started showing signs he was hurting, Trestman should've pulled him.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. JoeBlow

JoeBlow

Absolutely. If you really believe it's the System, you sit Cutler the whole game imo.
    not trusting McKnown to run the system well after he already did fairly well twice just seems totally out of character for Trestman. ?????
    seldom is 60 or 70% of any player better than the guy behind him. Cutler and Tillman need to sit until they are healthy. They are going to stay dinged up all season long if this continues. Seemed like an endless procession of replays of Jay going down painfully at the end of the play. Tillman looked lke he was fighting very hard to hide his pain. Every tackle looked like it punished him.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

The consequences of this mistake by Trestman possibly cost us a division championship. We had the hated Green Bay Packers on the ropes with our win over them at Lambeau, Rodgers out for multiple games AND a loss today to the Eagles. They gave us a big opportunity to take over as the big dogs in the division.

And then this.

We let the lowly Detroit Lions beat us in a game that was SO winable today. For that matter, our 1st game against Detroit was winable too. But today we just gave a game away.

Now I'm thinking we may end up in 3rd place in the NFC-N, and no playoffs again. I'm getting so sick and tired of it. We'll probably be bottom feeders with the Vikings. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out. But my gut feeling is that today cost us bigtime. It makes me sick. What makes me crazy, is the fact that we FINALLY have a solid backup QB who can win games for us - and we decide to not use him. How crazy is that?
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32

Losing a game like this is nothing short of aggravating, frustrating, and sickening. We'll probably finish ahead of the Packers this year, but end up falling short of a wild card spot.
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

yeah, JABF. Before the game I thought the results of this game would probably decide the division. Obviously, we don't give up and we can still take it, but nothing has changed my mind. And that is not just being upset because we lost the game. You have two pretty good teams in the Lions and the Bears (oh my... sorry couldn't resist the Wizard of Oz thing)...
    Neither one are prone to stumble very much going forward so I felt that the team that had the advantage after this game probably keeps it, and that is the Lions.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

I agree. And once Rodgers returns, Green Bay will be winning and could win out the season. Detroit is for real this year, so they'll probably be the division champs. I don't even see us getting a wild card. This was a HUGE game today. When we look back on where the season ended, we'll probably point to this game as the critical point where we blew a golden opportunity to take over the NFC-N. And if Trestman played Cutler because he was afraid of hurting the guys feelings or something, then all I can say is the monkey is running the zoo now. The HC has to grow a pair and tell the man he's sitting until he's ready too play. Period.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DavidL

DavidL SuperFan

I was already depressed about this loss. Then I looked at the Lions' remaining schedule, and it gets worse. They are in the driver's seat in the division.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

WOW!! That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. You probablyshould get checked out or something. That can't be good for you.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

yup. I think that sometimes the even keeled thing can be taken too far. Schwartz is telling his team that this game is pivitol and Trestman is saying it is just another game... They are all important. Bullshit. This game WAS pivitol.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

They pretty much won the division today. Now it's between the Packers and us for a wild card. We'd better hope Rodgers is out a while. Their remaining schedule isn't much either - with Rodgers playing.
  13. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

Well, we have been saying it....

Here is the article someone wrote about it.

Lions beat Bears, take control of the NFC North
    Posted by Michael David Smith on November 10, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
    [​IMG] Getty Images
    The Detroit Lions are well positioned to win their first division title in two decades.
    Detroit, which last won the NFC North in 1993 when it was called the NFC Central, went to Chicago and won 21-19. Combined with the Packers’ loss to the Eagles’ today, that puts Detroit all alone in first place at 6-3, with both the Bears and Packers at 5-4. It’s the first season sweep for the Lions over the Bears since 2007.
    But it wasn’t easy. It was a back-and-forth battle all day, and even late in the game, after Calvin Johnson scored his second touchdown to put the Lions ahead 21-13, and after Jay Cutler exited with an injury and was replaced by Josh McCown, the Bears kept fighting.
    In fact, McCown was actually more effective than the hobbling Cutler, and he marched the Bears down the field for a touchdown that made the score 21-19. The Bears lined up for a two-point conversion and McCown threw incomplete, but Lions defensive end Willie Young was flagged for roughing the passer. That gave the Bears a second chance, but Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley burst through the line to tackle Matt Forte and stop the Bears’ second attempt. After that the Lions recovered the Bears’ onside kick, and the game was over.
    Although Johnson’s numbers — six catches for 83 yards and those two touchdowns — look good, he missed several passes thrown his way and didn’t have a great game. Bears cornerback Charles Tillman, as he always does, played well against Megatron.
    But Lions running back Reggie Bush had a big day, with 14 carries for 105 yards, and the Lions did a nice job of holding Bears running back Matt Forte to just 33 yards. This was a good performance for the Lions even on a day when their passing game wasn’t great. And it was a good sign that the Lions can make a run to the playoffs.