TRESTMAN:From the Fans Perspective (no media links PLEASE)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Nakoma1, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    YEAH ,....

I like him,.. Im getting to like him alot.

I like his sideline demeanor, of what slowly seems to be becoming

THAT he's ALL business

This team IS playing better AS A WHOLE

There's a motivation, confidence, intensity, sense of urgency there, that I haven't seen in a long,long time on ALL sides of the ball

YEAH SO ,...Im jacked ,.. I'm taking this season one game at a time,..

I have a feeling it's going to be a VERY enjoyable season at that ,.. and even if there's some gut wrenching losses, there seems to be a light and the end of tunnel with Trestman and his WHOLE coaching staff

THEY ARE ON MISSION

Chime in at will

GO BEARS ! !
    • Like Like x 2
  2. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    158ß
    me too, i like they way players talk bout new coaching. of course, they always say that, but this feels different, like they mean it. for one, cutler is openly for this new staff, and i trust that guys judgment. looks good and when we play like that we can beat anybody. like i said a few days ago these guys give us hope, we lost that with lovie/angelo
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    he is growing on me..like what I see on the side line,instead of seeing Lovie's blank look..
  4. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    The 1st thing I thought when watching the 1st press conference after he was hired was this is the guy who is going to lead our Bears to Superbowl wins. He's a confident coach who cares about his players & coaches & loves teaching football. Time will tell but I think he was a great hire.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    Alot of us CFL fans are excited to see how he does. I personally think he is going to change the way coachs coach. Do you need the tough coach that yells all the time and calls players out, who knows. But you need to shorten the preseason.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    THEY ARE ON A MISSION... from God??
    Can't we just get to next week's kick off already?
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... Hit it."
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    LOL.......that's what i'm talking about.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Akuma2000

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    Coulddn't have said it better myself.
  9. WearyBear

WearyBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yea I like Trestman too. He appears to be more of a cerebral coach than an emotional one.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +250 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    209ß
    I like what I see so far. He is definitely making some some tough decisions and basing it on performance.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I was listening to The Football Guys podcast today and they brought up a segment on the Bears. They described Trestman as an "Egghead," and that was meant in a good way. I enjoy watching the Harbaughs and the Ryans get emotional on the sidelines but Emery seems like he puts the analytical approach on top of his pyramid. I agree with this emphasis. If you can't be self motivated in this game and learn from your mistakes, I don't think you have a spot in the NFL to start with.

Emotions, desire, yeah it is important. What you need to gain the bigger advantage today is a better plan that is fluid and geared towards your situation. You don't have to create a new style you have to know when to adapt and change up into a better one for the next play/series/game etc. For example, I couldn't tell you Lovie's defensive system was bad, it was is a damn good scheme. What I like are the different attempts and changes being done towards giving it a fresh look.

I'm not the best at breaking things down past the very basics... I'm still learning this game. However, with my limited knowledge as a fan it sure feels like the Bears have improved under this new staff. I like the theory anyways, and look forward to seeing the results.

The one thing I worry about down the road is with special teams and the turnover mentality. It's been a Bear trait and one that is needed on any Championship Defense/ST. This mentality will be carried over onto this new staff because of the players, but will it be instilled into the new blood as much as it was under Lovie?
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. gramster10

gramster10 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    THE WHOLE STAFF SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT BEING SUCCESSFUL // CHANGE SOMETIMES IS GOOD // TRYING TO FIX PROBLEMS INSTEAD OF BAND AIDING SHOULD BODE WELL
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Moth

Moth Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    It makes me smile to read this thread.
    I dont get alot of Bears coverage where I am until Sunday Ticket kicks in. However, I have been able to watch Trestman over the past 5 years and what you guys describe is exactly why he was continually looked upon as the best coach in the CFL.

I really do think he will succeed in the NFL
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +412 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    548ß
    I'll be honest , I was real skeptical of this hire . But so far I like what I see . Most times though , when a new HC is hired , you see greater effort out of players - cuz they know it's a blank slate and personal loyalties haven't developed yet . Unless it's a real crappy team like the Raiders , lotta 1st yr HC's who inherit fairly good teams usually have solid first seasons . Cuz the players are trying just a little harder to make sure they show enough to stick for next year . We'll see what happens but a the very least I expect the Bears to have a solid respectable season . No SB yet cuz that's gonna take some time. But in a while we could be bona-fide SB contenders .
  15. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +717 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    If your leader is clueless the team will be clueless.
    If your leader is organized and provides structure, how do you think those players will play?
    Read Trestmans book and you will find Emery didn't just steal 7th round draft choice. He got the Bears a true thinking mans coach that innovates. If any here remember coach Tom Landry with his implementation of the shotgun formation when no else was using it was just outside the box thinking. Landry and Staubach seemed like the 2 smartest guys in football this what Trestman reminds me of.
  16. Akuma2000

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    I agree with mostly everything you said, but I don't think its gonna take that long for the Bears to be SB contenders.......If the Bears stay healthy and they move the ball and pass the rock around on offense like they did against the raiders (yea I know it was preseason with no game planning) but if that's a preview of what the offense is capable of doing coupled with our defense picking up where they left off last season the Bears will be the team to beat in the NFC North and division.

Can't wait for the season to start, it's on like donkey kong.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +412 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    548ß
    Fair . But as good as the 85 Bears were , they still had to climb the ladder and failed a bit b4 they made it to the top . See the same thin g happening here . It's a process - but when you can see it happening .... damn it's exciting to watch .
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Akuma2000

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    True it is exciting to watch, feels like this season is filled with electricity and the season hasn't even started yet....lol
  19. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +717 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    If you recall the year before SB Fuller played the majority and played well that year. He took them far but not quite up to the job. Because guess who was hurt as usual? If he stayed healthy they had a real shot of winning it in '84 so we had to wait for '85 instead. Oh, yeah Jim lets headbut all the linemen after every score to show everyone how tough you are. So how did that work out for you? I bet they didn't replay any of that self induced headbutting in the lawsuit.
  20. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    TRESSSSS ,...Mad Mac Did not play the rest of the season that year because of head butting in '84 that was in '85 I believe. He was taken out in the Raider game with a lacerated kidney,... a game in which the Bears had 9 sacks against the Raiders ,. .yeah the D kinda lit the Raiders up after Mac came out of the game
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013