TRESTMAN:From the Fans Perspective (no media links PLEASE)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Nakoma1, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

plus1.png
  2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +447 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Yes it was the lacerated kidney headbut started that next year. That Soldier Field turf was literally a thin piece of astroturf over concrete they should have just played the games in the parking lot. All those guys took a beating especially poor Walter. Well it's a new day go TRESSSS...
  3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Im kinda stinking Walter laid the wood on turf ;) GO BEARS GO TRESTMAN lead the way sir ! ! 1
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    279ß
    I will wait to judge until at least a quarter of the season is done.

But, seeing the preseason practice, it has promise
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    EXACTLY ,...
  6. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm gonna take a wait-and-see approach, but I'm liking what I see so far. I'm not expecting a lot out of the Bears this season but a respectable record at season's end.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BorisBear

BorisBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I really think all the Bears needed was an offensive minded coach with high standards to guide them to the next level. Remember the Buccaneers from the 90s and early 2000s? They had their D and ST doing all the heavy lifting while the offense went neglected. Gruden came in and lit a fire on the offense and they won the SB. I'm not saying that Trestman will do it all in one year but the situation is similar in my mind at least. What the Bears have now, and haven't had in the modern era at least, are multiple play makers at the skill positions. Having a RB who can carry and catch and a couple of so so possession TE's is just not going to cut it in this day and age. I am also seeing change on defense as well. Turnovers and scoring are nice, but I'm glad that the first priority of this coordinator seems to be getting to the QB with an intent to kick his ass, not just contain him. Lastly, but certainly not least, is the offensive line. All the great dynasties had five guys up front who had little regard for human life and humiliated the men across from them from whistle to whistle. Hopefully the line they are trying to build now is a step in that direction.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. phatdude

phatdude Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I was skeptical at first (and still am) but so far I like his demeanor. I didn't even bother to "deep dive" in his credentials, as I figure the more I investigated, the more dirt I would dig up. In pre-season the man looks like he knows what he's doing, but we all know how pre-season can be misleading.

We knew that the offense needed work beyond belief and as of now, his credentials seem to fit that bill. Also it looks like he's not changing the defense (if it's not broke don't fix it).

I think a lot of the guys were "hurt" with the firing of Lovie, and hell, maybe some of us were too. But, probably working with Trestman, they started to let go of those biased feelings and are embracing that they might actually score on offense.

One thing that stuck out in the last game was a sideline interview with Hester. Hester (if being honest) was happy that he was off WR duty and "back to doing what he does best": special teams. This shows Lovies ineptitude when it came to offense, just make a great put returner a WR? If he's playing to a players strengths and avoiding their weaknesses, it's a step in the right direction.