Trestman has worked wonders with Josh McCown.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Rogelio

Rogelio Veteran

Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    71ß
    No. The defense being terrible has nothing to do with Cutler making mistakes. And guess what? They were terrible again last night. The Packers minus Rodgers, Cobb and Finley are completely crap. And yet they scored 17 points after Rodgers went out. They should have gotten 17 YARDS. With the way they played last night, if Rodgers stays in, he hangs 45 on them. But you likely would have found a way to blame that on Jay. ;)
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,535 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    534ß
    You have absolutely no grasp on my argument.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,312 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    355ß
    Absolutely correct. If anything can be taken away as a lesson from the last 6 quarters with JM at the helm, this is it.
    Will Cutler see this when he gets back? Will he RUN THE DAMN TCO as called or revert back to his dumb gunslinger stuff?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,646 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,145ß
    +1000

That's "it" in a nutshell regarding Jay Cutler. Let's see what happens here. If he "gets it" then we have one heck of a solid QB. If he reverts back to his dumb gunslinger stuff, then I want to move on with a QB who can win championships in this new WCO that Trestman has brought in. It's all up to Jay. Let's see what he does here, the rest of this season.
  5. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    We are only 8 games into the Trestman era. Cutler has played 6 1/2 games and McCown has played 1 1/2. Both guys have looked better than ever before (in Chicago), but given the limited sample size I don't know how anyone can say we know enough to make a decision for the next 5 years. McCown's play has been good and it is seducing to think that Trestman can do this for "Anyone", but we don't really know that yet. It would certainly be nice to pay less money for a QB to free up more cap space for some Defensive improvements, but it's just too early. That being said, I really would like to see McCown for another game or two until Jay is 100%, but I'm guessing Jay is getting a little nervous.
  6. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,535 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    534ß
    As good as McCown has played, he IS 34. He will need replaced at some point. He would be a really good 3rd string QB to have next year, but the Bears HAVE to draft a guy at this point. Even if not to replace Cutler, they need to be able to play a couple of games a year.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I like the idea of drafting a QB most years where you find value. Next year seems like an opportunistic time regardless of the decision with Cutler. However, if Trestman sees or has a backup on another team in mind this off season, I'd be eager to satisfy his wishes.

Jimmor's write up was a good one. I think Emery is a GM that wants to build from the draft, but obviously isn't afraid to use FA when the risk, desire, or desperation fits. Still some foundation work to lay down before BPA kicks in.

I agree with the sentiment of your comment Henry. HAVE to draft a guy, is a little strong for my taste.
  8. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +683 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    I always like Mccown and felt he just never got any respect. Josh is smart has athletic ability he just needed the right coach to see it, who better than Trestman. I still say McCown will be coach in the NFL when he's done playing. Then you get guy like Grossman who gets more chances than anyone ever deserves but then again no one ever said life is fair.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    As I said in another thread, I would like McPherson to get a try out, he was with trestman for 5 years, but unfortunitly he was behind A.C.