Trestman not considering changes at safety

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 29, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,250ß
    Ratings:
    +4,569 / 4 / -1
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    FWIW.

2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,981ß
    Ratings:
    +2,832 / 7 / -9
    Who would he replace the safeties with anyway?

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,250ß
    Ratings:
    +4,569 / 4 / -1
    It would HAVE to be a couple of guys who could step in mid-season and play significantly better than Major and Conte. I think they should get a couple of the Soldier Field beer vendors. They could have a raffle, and let Virginia McCaskey pick out the two winning tickets (maybe at halftime during a home game, so they could suit-up for the second half). Or they could open it up to all the food vendors (would it have to be guys, or could the lady vendors enter this too)?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,045ß
    Ratings:
    +1,956 / 2 / -0
    Exactly

5. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,554ß
    Ratings:
    +812 / 7 / -26
    So, the conclusion is that the Bears have no bench. No matter how poorly Conte, Wright, Peppers,McClellin play,we're stuck with them. That's what Trestman is telling us. Of course, he doesn't use those words. I watched the video of that interview. I don't like Trestman. His interviews are an insult to our intelligence. Why can't he just speak the truth? Maybe he'd give us the old Jack N. line, "You can't handle the truth!" Well, I've got news for Trestman. We already know the truth. We talk about it every day on this board. If there is a worse starting safety than Conte in the NFL, I haven't seen him. I haven't seen Conte get a hand on a pass all year.

6. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,981ß
    Ratings:
    +2,832 / 7 / -9
    What coach will tell you that his team sucks? That he has no bench?

What coach will throw his own players under the bus?

• Like Like x 2
  7. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    Ratings:
    +1,041 / 0 / -0
    I don't doubt some of the lady vendors could outplay Conte and Wright.

Seriously though, who would we replace them with? Steltz? Anthony Walters? That's all the safeties we have. T-man's not lying to us, he's telling us the truth. He's not considering replacing Conte and Wright, because he has no one to replace them with.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    902ß
    Ratings:
    +2,768 / 8 / -10
    Honestly, as bad as they are, they're going to be exposed, even if they were Mike Brown and Troy Polamalu back there, with this defensive line. There's absolutely no room for improvement, whenever the wide receivers have all damn day to run their routes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,554ß
    Ratings:
    +812 / 7 / -26
    A coach can tell the truth without throwing anybody under the bus or saying he has no bench. He could just say, "We're starting the guys we believe give us best chance to win." Then shut up about it. I don't need to hear a bunch of phony rah-rah cheerleader bullshit like the following (all Trestman quotes this week..

"We are continuing to grow and get better,,,a lot of positive,,,We are in a good place...We are doing a lot of things really well,,,We executed very well"

Instead of all this crap, I'd like to hear him answer questions like,"With CornWash inactive, what the hell are you going to do if McClellin gets hurt in the Packers game?" His proverbial "next man up" on the depth chart is languishing on the inactive list.

10. A-11

A-11 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    I get what your saying David, but that is just the way Trestman or Emery sell it. Always going to talk up the players on the top of an under performing list.
    I just hope they are busting their assess behind the scenes to support and build up the weak links... That is why the action is the only thing that matters, and us fans will be a day late with the news good or bad.

With CornWash inactive your answer would be Bass or Wootton kicks out and Minter, Tupou, or Cohen fill in @ tackle. I'd bet.