Trestman not considering changes at safety

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 29, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,580ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I believe that's what Henry and I have been saying for awhile, there is no depth on this bench that is going to save the D this year. The D is absolutely devoid of depth b/c of a combo of age, inj, and lack of talent b/c of years of poor drafting by JA, and a huge whiff by Emery regarding Shea and Hardin. Again I saw this coming before the draft and mocked takign a S or CB in the draft, I was upset when they took Long when Sherrif Floyd was still on the table, not that it would have worked out this time but it's not like Floyd is horrible, sadly he's got less playing time and has looked very similar to Shea his rookie year, but the point is that I knew the DL was going to be an issue, if not this year, next year.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,511ß
    I understand that all of us are frustrated with the season, but Trestman must be 1,000 times more frustrated. He's a competitive coach used to winning championships. Heck, he's a motivational speaker that folks pay the big bucks to hear - so he's not going to throw in the towel on the season. I'm okay with that (I hate quitters).

So he's trying to be positive. There are worse things a head coach can do.

3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    801ß
    Ah, the old "well who can we replace them with". Might not be able to be replaced this season but you sure can sit a guy for a game or two.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,614ß
    Okay. I don't like his style in these interviews. I am done watching them. Henceforth, if he gives any useful information, I can get it here.

5. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,614ß
    If that is his answer, then my next question is, "Why the hell do you have 3 defensive tackles on the bench and 1 DE?" If you had CornWash active, you could rotate 4 guys at DE the whole game to keep your starters fresh for the 4th quarter. You still have two tackles on the bench. This is nuts.

6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,580ß
    Remember, cornwash got his shot, and was benched in favor of Bass, who is actually playing pretty well and taking some snaps from Shea. It speaks volumes that Corn is not seeing action and Shea still is, and those volumes do not favor cornwash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,155ß
    Because CornWash is not good enough to play. Should be fairly obvious by now. Especially if he doesn't get starting time fairly soon.

8. A-11

A-11 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Wootton would probably prefer playing end anyways... You could shuffle things out IMO. Think of it as 4 D Line on the pine. I'm not counting CornWASH out either, it will be interesting to see who dresses down or how they address the line after the bye.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,511ß
    Regarding CornWash, I haven't given up hope he could be a solid player. I just figure he may just not be ready yet. And I'm fine with that. It's not like he was a 1st round draft pick. This guy just probably needs more time......and for a late rounder or UFA that's usually the case. I'm still thinking he could be a solid guy for us, but later this season or even next season.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,614ß
    Here's my take. Play all the rookies to give them some valuable experience to get then ready for next season. If our DL and DB players are nearly equally bad, teams are going to have a lot of long scoring drives on them. In a high-scoring game, it gets down to who can get a defensive stop at the end of the 4Q. If you don't aggressively rotate these guys, the starters are going to be exhausted in the 4Q exactly when you most need them rested. All we needed to beat the Redskins was one stop at the end.

• Like Like x 1