Trestman Speaks About McCown's Replacement..........

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 29, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    I think you're right. If he goes, I do hope we get somebody in place who can develop the OL talent, and keep the unit strong. I'm not too worried about the OC aspect so much, because Trestman is the true talent there and can probably ramp up a good OC. But having a coach like Kromer who can truly develop OL talent - that is special. I thought we'd never see another decent OL in Chicago after the woes of recent years. I'd given up hope.
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    636ß
    You're hired which position would you like to coach? Or should be just bump Tucker and give you the DC position. You got this right shorty. That was my biggest gripe last year. Players didn't progress they regressed and kids like Bostic and Greene were horrible.
  3. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    636ß
    I don't know that it's in the rules because a contract is a contract but teams seldom if ever refuse to let a coach or coordinator interview for a position that's higher than the one they have. If Kromer gets and invitation to interview for a HC spot I'm sure they'll permit it.
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +992 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    25ß
    I don't remember the exact rules, Soul, from when we were talking about them last January after Lovie got axed. My best recollection is that a team may block an interview for a lateral position change (coordinator to coordinator) but cannot refuse when it's a promotion in question.
  5. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    636ß
    Yeah that's possible if it's a standard clause in their contract.