Trestman Speaks About McCown's Replacement..........

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 29, 2014.

1. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Eh, you know, Aaron Rodgers would have been who he is earlier with the focus on him after a year of sitting the bench. Farve was actively trying to avoid the guy. Rodgers could watch Farve work, but it's not like he got to ask him questions.

2. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,750ß
    Yeah, guys as good as he is don't fall out of tree but whether or not he got to ask Favre questions isn't the point. He got to be around McCarthy and learn his offense in exactly the same way McCown learned Trestman's. Not by reps but by having enough brains to study it and pick it up and enough talent to work it when his time came. I'm not comparing the talent levels of the two just the way they achieved their respective success when eventually give the chance. And I also agree. Rodgers chance should have come long before it did.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,765ß

Thanks, that makes a lot of good sense. I think you're right. It's a different way of thinking than I've been used to. But it sounds like it's a repeatable formula for success at QB, and at a good value too.

4. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    244ß
    Another RB is an interesting thought. I like the QB's coming out and I believe here will be talent to be had in the mid rounds, but a RB? I'm sort of liking it!

5. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,750ß
    There's quite a few RBs this year with fairly high ratings and with the way there value has dropped in general I'd say we might easily find a decent prospect to backup all the way down into the 5th or 6th round. There are no real elite backs but there's a ton of mid rounders.

• Like Like x 1
  6. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    804ß
    I don't know about magical or guru. I would believe it's parts of focusing on the position, correcting the mistakes, instilling the philosophy and fundamentals, and demanding accountability and progress week end and week out.

Something that should be done with ALL positions, not just at qb.

• Like Like x 1
  7. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    491ß
    Hey, I was just thinking about that we've been doing all this hand wringing over who is going to play backup QB, and I noticed there have been zero threads regarding the offensive line in quite a while. Isn't that awesome?

• Like Like x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,765ß
    That is awesome. Kromer seems to be the coach that we hoped we had in Mike Tice. Kromer seems like the real deal when it comes to developing OL talent. And of course, Emery, has provided good talent there to work with. I just hope we can keep Kromer here for a few years.

9. dachuckster

dachuckster Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    936ß
    If the offense has any significant improvement this year, Kromer will have a lot of interest at the end of his contract.

10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,264ß
    I'll go even further. If the Bears O in general and OL in particular has another good year, Kromer is pretty much a lock to get a HC offer next year. The whole NFL knows the Bears' O & OL sucked for years and years and Kromer is going to get a lot of credit for the turnaround (if it continues). I don't think the rules allow you to prevent another team from interviewing one of your coordinators if it is for a promotion in position (to HC for example). So, AK should be a hot commodity in 2015 if he has another strong coaching year in '14.