Trestman whiffs on chance to make point

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by short faced bear, Aug 12, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I have more then 5 functioning brain cells thank you, and I'm not suprised by this. Could it be a load of crap, sure but it's equally likely that this, every intellegent O minded coach knew he had a load of crap at RT in Webb to begin with. I don't disagree w/Scott but Emery does so again it wouldn't suprise me if he was the one that was expected to push for the RT spot.

2. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    You really think that Webb's demotion has no "meaning" or "message" attached to it? You really think ANYONE else would be be advanced to working with the 1s at RT if Webb was playing lights out? Come on now....

3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß
    Lights out? No, but he never stood any chance of playing lights out! He stood, at best a chance of playing "good enough" and if that's all you have then ya I believe they had a plan in place to see what else they had.

4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,931ß
    Show-off...

• Like Like x 2
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    We are splitting hairs of hairs now. Webb should be playing lights out (or at least "solid starter" caliber). He's in his 4th year now with lots of starting experience. He's been moved over to the easier side. He has a highly regarded OL coach. He's now in an offense that features mostly quick throws. He's coming off a pretty strong finish at LT from the second half of last season. And... It's his contract year for crying out loud!

Yet...he's still "looking at tape", "learning footwork", tweeting/facebooking about stupid shit when he was told to STFU, and getting dusted by Shea McClellin in TC & giving up easy sacks in games. Everyone knows what this demotion is really about so there was no one to fool and no need to protect or coddle J'Marcus Webb anymore. That's been done to death.

6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,931ß
    Damned if you didn't figure it all out MP. They told him to play lights out, and he thought they meant as if he couldn't see.

• Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß
    Why should he be playing lights out? he's a 4 yr late round pick w/the ability but not the drive to play at a high level? He should be a SOLID starter, correct, but if the best you can get is SOLID then why WOULDN'T you have plans to see what else you have on your team ?

Am I missing something? Did people really expect Webb to be more then he's really shown; a boarderline starter/swing guy? I'm stunned people didn't see this coming, that the team would probably would want to see if there was special on the team; or at least better then "solid"

8. shark86x

shark86x
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,025ß
    Webb IS playing lights out. The lights out upstairs and he's gone to lunch.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    I used to be "okay" with Rosenbloom, but he's too pretentious to take seriously.

• Like Like x 2
  10. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß
    ZZ on the score update just said that OC Kromer stated that for Webb to make the final 8 on the roster(the team is going to carry 8 OL'men) he has to be able to play 2 positions(I would assume swing T) .

This guy is on the verge of losing his job...not just starting, not making the team, and anyone here really think that Trestman seems like a guy that would try and make an example out of him? Is that what you've gotten out of how Trestman acts, or what you've heard about him?